Does anything change when you reload?

Coop

I went to bed yesterday top of the league. I'll couldn't stop winning.

Reloaded today and can't win a game.

Is it coincidence or does the game start your form over again (or something else)?

I imagine it's coincidence but I am curious.

Thanks. This game can leave you a little frustrated. I started the season hoping to get into Europe but startied so well in the first 2 or 3 months that it made me ambitious. I thought I might even put up a fight for the league. A defeat from Arsenal seems to have set the team back as they haven't won since.

What I have done is move Rangers to the EPL. I'm in my second season now. Never mind, I'll win it next year. Top four this year perhaps?

LOL i had one of those moments last night!!

Seeing as i start work at 4am i am normally in bed by 9pm but seeing as it was the end of the week i thought i would stay up for another game, then another............. I eventually tuned it off at 11pm and only got 4 and a half hours sleep so im turning myself in very shortly.

Its definatly strange as i notice this, if im on a winning streak though i tend to play till i loose or draw, can be a very long night sometimes;)

I'm the same, I've seen some beautiful sunrises during my CM/FM-days :D

Yep - I've definitely noticed this: to the extent that if I think I'm getting on a losing streak I'll save, quit the game and go and do something else as a way to stop the rot. It works as well as changing tactics!

IIRC, although I could be wrong (probably not ;) ) certain calculations are reset when you quit the game and that means certain aspects are recalculated when you reload. The things that affect a winning streak are reset, might be confidence, but i'm not sure, and this means that you're "run" is starting from scratch when you reload.

I can't see why Morale wouldn't instantiate itself correctly when you reload, but I don't know what all the background parameters are concerned with overall team morale/unity/confidence/etc. Certainly I've never noticed the player morale arrows (and text) to change when reloading.

Presumably the pseudo-random number seed changes, but that is totally irrelevant to anything. There's no such thing as a lucky or unlucky pseudo-random number seed or sequence of pseudo-random numbers generated by a specific seed.

I close my game quite rarely anyway because I'm on a laptop and just close the lid at the end of the evening and re-open it the next day with the game still loaded.

Presumably the pseudo-random number seed changes, but that is totally irrelevant to anything. There's no such thing as a lucky or unlucky pseudo-random number seed or sequence of pseudo-random numbers generated by a specific seed.

"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance." (as Coveyou famously put it). And the reason is that artifacts start to become visible within the generated numbers.

As you'll probably agree.

This is interesting and might be something SI could look at as it might explain all kinds of things we're starting to see within the game. Having seen the effects of the Mersenne Twister in other statistically 'heavy' games then it's certainly something worth investigating.

"The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance." (as Coveyou famously put it). And the reason is that artifacts start to become visible within the generated numbers.

As you'll probably agree.

This is interesting and might be something SI could look at as it might explain all kinds of things we're starting to see within the game. Having seen the effects of the Mersenne Twister in other statistically 'heavy' games then it's certainly something worth investigating.

Random numbers are used for a huge number of things in the game though, both good events and bad events and the sequence of when they will be needed for either of those is totally arbitrary. It's not just a case of "high random number = good".

Judging by what you are saying in your post though, you already know this and how pseudo-random numbers are used in general, but by the sounds of plenty of people's superstitions they don't seem to!

Some things do definately change in your game on a re load. Biggest proof of this I have encountered was when I was in pre season and I got a msg from the board informing me that a Director had taken control of the club. As I was only browsing my scout returns and so on,, and I was about to finish my shift and go home,,, I switched off.

When I reloaded later that night at home,, I got to the same point and a Rich Tycoon took over the club. Turned out better for me, lol, but proves that random settings must be re calculauted on a re load

Some things do definately change in your game on a re load. Biggest proof of this I have encountered was when I was in pre season and I got a msg from the board informing me that a Director had taken control of the club. As I was only browsing my scout returns and so on,, and I was about to finish my shift and go home,,, I switched off.

When I reloaded later that night at home,, I got to the same point and a Rich Tycoon took over the club. Turned out better for me, lol, but proves that random settings must be re calculauted on a re load

That's very interesting. Do you know how many days before the takeover the save was?

If you did not save and had to replay a period of time, you will not get exactly the same results, it isn't predetermined. You could play one period and have an injury, then reload and not get the injury, certain aspects have to be calculated on an, in game, daily basis.

It's more reasonable that a takeover is random, than confidence/morale is random.

That's very interesting. Do you know how many days before the takeover the save was?

Cant remember now exactly as it was a couple of seasons ago now,, but my previous save had been before the new interest in the TO procedure had started i think. I noticed that at the end of the previous season that the chairman status had changed from willing to listen to offers to looking to step down ( or words to that effect ) ,, I had saved after that ,, as I noticed that when I had just finished that season,,, i then always save before the start of the new season. I normally take my time in pre season ,, scouting my own players etc,,, but I was at work on a break when I got to that point ,, and had someone chatting to me ,, I kind of clicked thru quickly,,, that was why I just switched it off so I could play it properly later.. Got home and thats what happened

Archived