Scarborough SOMS

2114-user_icon.jpg

I decided i would do a different game for a change and start with no players and see how far i could go. So i put scarborough in the blue square with no players and started build a squad.

this is my squad so far

Free Agents

Niall Henderson
Guy Madjo
Paul Lancaster
Nick Gindre
Darren Campion
Spencer Weir-Daley
Jay Smith
Michael McGrath
Craig Dobson
Shaun Pejic
Lewis Christon
Micheal Bowler 

Signed from other clubs

Leon Knight - AEK Athens - Free
Marc edworthy - Leicester City - Free
Ian hendon - Barnet - Free

Signed on loan for the season

Adam Kay - Burnley
Mateo Musacchio - Real Madrid Castilla
Reuben Noble-Lazarus - Barnsley

Joining soon

December 1st - Chris Cleaver - TNS
December 1st - Jari Litmanen - FC Lahti
January 1st - jamie clapham - notts county

So far ive played 18 games in the league

won - 6

drawn 7

lost 15

for - 21

against 17

points 25

ill keep updating this every season.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont know if anyone reads this but o well. the season started quite well with 7 wins in the first 8 games and scarborugh where top of the division but after a 9 match winless streak through november and december we droped of the pace and look like a mid table finish is where we will end. the main problem so far is the lack of goals scored by the strikers.

The apps/goals for my strikers is;

spencer weir daley 17 games 1 goals

leon knight 32 games 9 goals

guy madjo 12 games 0 goals

jari litmanen 15 games 4 goals

but i made good use of the loan system getting;

Adam Kay - 45 gmaes 11 goals

Reuben Noble-Lazarus - 50 games 12 goals

We ended up finishing in 13th place. A good start considering we only had 20 players all season and a fair few injures.

Season 2 09/10

Joining over the summer will be:

Nicky Deverdics - Barnet - 30k
Ben Davies - Shrewsbury Town
Ran Kadosh - Barnet - 14k
Jeremy De Magalhaes - Barnet
Phil Barnes - Grimsby town
Ben Strevens - Dag and red
David Lilley - Kilmarnock
Sanchez Payne - Leeds - 2k
Jeremy Halen - Rennes
Reuben Noble-Lazarus - Barnsley - 14k
Olivier Mukendi - Anderlecht

Leaving the club becuase they are basically not good enough will be:

Guy Madjo
Paul Lancaster
Spencer Weir-Daley
Lewis Christon
Micheal Bowler
Ian Hendon
Jari Litmanen

also leaving and going back to their parent clubs are:

Adam Kay - Burnley
Mateo Musacchio - Real Madrid Castilla

a quick update. i have also signed sean thornton now on a free. i was amazed that he joined. season started well with 8 wins 1 draw and a loss in opening 10 matches and reuben noble lazerus has scored 8 goals in 10 so far. Aim to finish in playoffs this season.

I have alos rejected 2 jobs from grimsby town and burton albion

Ive also now signed;

Cameron pearce (regen) 4k

Matty green (regen) 4k

Jamie baldwin (regen) 8k

tommy mooney - free agent

in up tto the end of december and am lieing in 1st place by one point.

My star player so far is Reuben Noble-Lazarus who i signed for 14k at the end of the last season and is now worth 575K!! he has scored 19 goals in 29 games.

Ill update again once ive finished this season.

Ive now taken up the Scarborough challenge.

Ive brought in 19 players they are:

Nick Gindre, Darren Campion, Marc Edworthy, Miguel Angelo, Andy Gallinagh, Michael McGrath, Craig Dobson, Jay Smith, Niall Henderson, Leon Knight, Spencer Weir-Daley, Paul Lancaster, Lee Parker, Nathan Lowndes and Scott Marshall all on frees and

the following on loan:

Reuben Noble-Lazarus from Barnsley

Gokhan Tore from Chelsea

Mateo Musacchio from Castilla

Alipio from Rio Ave

Have also agreed deals to sign the following players on Bosmans:

Adam Hinshelwood, Pavel Mochalin, Mindaugas Kalonas, Jari Litmanen, Chris Cleaver, Joseph Ndo, Lee Thorpe

My stats: P2 W2 D0 L0 F4 A1.

Trying out a 442 tactic, will post if it works

End of season 2.

We got promoted as champions!!!!!!!

Its all thanks to my excellent striker force:

Reuben Noble-Lazarus 35 goals in 55 games

Ben Strevens 25 goals in 45 games

Also chiping with the goals was:

sean thornton 12 goals in 55 games

Chris Cleaver 10 goals in 55 games

Olivier Mukendi 8 goals in 28 games

So now we are a league team.

In preperation for season 3 i released these players as basically they wouldnt get a game and to free up some of my wage budget

Craig Dobson
Michael McGrath
Jay Smith
Tommy Mooney
Nick Grindre
Riccy Scimeca - 10k to Cambridge

Joining to help the fight in league two are:

Kieran Donaldson 1k for Maidenhead
Adam Le Fondre 45k for rochdale
Stefan Morris 6k for wrexham
Billy Vincent 3k for morecambe
Harry marshall Free from Llanelli
Adam Warnock 1k for Maidenhead

My current first team is something like this:

Phil Barnes

David Lilley Shaun Pejic Jeremy De Magalhaes Jeremy Helan

Ben Davies Chris Cleaver Sean Thornton Nicky Deverdics

Ben Strevens Reuben Noble-Lazarus

Bring on league two!!!

at the end of November im 4th in the league, 5pts behind 1st:

P22 W12 D7 L3 F38 A19 Pts43

Also in 2nd roung of FA cup after seeing of Oldham 4-2

Leon Knight and Michael McGrath both have 6 goals with a number of others on 4

Not doing too bad hopefully when i get my bosmans in i should catch back up with 1st

End of season finished 2nd by 7pts:

P46 W27 D13 L6 F73 A30 Pts94

as you can see the draws really dented my championship bid and it looks like my new 442 tactic works ok. I also won theSetanta Shield, reached the final of the FA Trophy and the 2nd round of the FA cup.

Michale McGrath was leading scorer with 12.

Signed a number of young players on bosmans as their wage demands were low and i knew i could build a strong team around them, coming in was:

Reuben Lazarus, Alipio, Dennis Appiah, Felix Kroos, Vaclav Kadlec, Jeremy Helan, Eden Hazard, Lukman Haruna, Clement Grenier, Yoel Goldstein, Eyal Golasa, Willi Evseev, Ayub Daud, Gaston Brugman, Zakarie Boucher, Denni Avdic.

Decide to get rid of Christie, Edworthy, Jay Smith.

At one point i had 12 players out on international duty with my keeper Nick Gindre getting called up to the Argentina squad.

Ive won the 1st leg of the playoffs by default(see the bugs thread) and im now in the final hoping to take Scarborough into League 2 at the 1st attempt

good luck!!!

Im currently in december of season 3 and am in the play offs. Reuben lazarus is no longer the god he was last season with only 2 goals to his name. He has being replaced by Adam Le Fondre who has a goal ratio of more than 1 goal every 2 games. Ive also got joining in january

Simon Cox - Swindon - Free
Mateo Musacchio - Real Madrid Castilla - 210k
Mauro Diaz River Plate 120k

Ive funded these transfers with the sale of Jeremy Halen. His contract was up at the end of the seaason and refused another contract so i sold him to Bordeaux for 750k

In December of 2nd season

I lost Kroos after only 3 games after Bremen activated his big club clause they got him for 575k and i sold Knight for 170k to give me a big kitty to play with also turned down a 1 million bid for Daub and Appiah(from Marseillie and Lyon) so i brought in:

Grant Simmonds(regen), Ian Thompson(regen), Remi Ribault, Lewis Boden(regen), Sebastian Wallis Taylor, Mateo Mussachio, Josh Webb, Nathaniel Knight-Percival, Stuart Duff and Mauro Diaz to bolster my squad.

Also sold : Edworthy(free), Ndo(5k), Douglas(1k), Lancaster(4k), Thorpe(2k)

Im currently 1st in league 2:

P20 W15 D4 L1 F46 A18 Pts49 a massive 10 points ahead of 2nd

So my 442 tactic is working well in league 2 as well. I was knocked out in the 2nd round of the FA cup again, in the semis of the JPT and knocked out in the 1st round of the league cup. Ive also just been appointed as the new Turkey manager!

best player Eden Hazard 24 games 12 goals, Vaclav Kadlec 10 in 21, Dennis Appiah 4 in 25 from DCmy GK Bouchars record is 18 in 19 games not bad considering hes only 17!

End of season 2

League 2 winners and JPT winner, our record was:

P46 W32 D10 L4 F92 A41 Pts106 i was 20pts ahead of 2nd and won the title with 10 games to go.

Leading scorers Hazard 15 in 49, Kadlec 14 in 36, Evseev 12 in 43, my Gk was 30 in 40 games not bad for a 17yr old

Bosmans coming in Jack Wilshere and Loic Abenzoar

Going out Dobson(8k), Kalonas(18k+50%).

League 1 here we come. So ive 1 title and 3 cups now!

Interesting point i had won the title and JPT received the boards assessment in june and they said they were dissapointed with my performance! lol could be the fact that in the final 3 games i only got 2 points as i played my youngsters and fringe players to see who i ned to keep and get rid of.

end of season 3;

We finished 2nd and got a double promotion!!!

My star player being Adam Le Fondre with 27 goals in 46 games. also chipping in were:

Sean Thornton - 12 goals in 48 games

Simon Cox - 11 goals in 17 games

Ben Strevens - 9 goals in 31 games

and disappointly;

Reuben Noble lazarus with 5 goals in 32 games

joining at the start of season 4 will be

Richard Brown 20k from Notts County
Graham Matthews 30k from Gillingham
Jose Manuel Cardoso free from Porto
Rory Rhodes 22k from Stafford Rangers

Leaving the club will be;

Niall Henderson
Jamie Clapham

Season 4 i finished in 7th 2 points off the play offs. i was slightly dissapointed becuase id being in the play off for most of the season.

I have made some great signings over the summer including Andrew ward who scored 38 golas in the league last season form right midfield. You could call him the cristiano ronaldo of league one.

joning for season 5 is

Andrew Ward
Kyle Hatton
Carl Ikeme
Paulo Galli
Chris Casement

Leaving will be

Sean thornton - Refused a new contract. 

Some of my squad are worth a fair bit as well to say im in league 1:

Jose manuel Cardoso 2.7m - rejected 5.5m from arsenal

Andrew Ward 2.7m

Sanchez Payne 2.5m

Simon Cox 2.5m

Mauro diaz 1.4m

Mateo Mussacchio 1.1m

Another player who could turn inot a great is lewis kay who i signed in january from northwich. Hes got some stats already at 18 and 20 and is only 18!!

My best player from last season was Graham Matthews who cost me 30k and got 24 goals in 51 games.

season 5 i finished top with 104 points and only lost 2 league games all season. I put this down to ridley 442 tactic which works pretty well.

i also won the johnstone paint trophy for a second season. Bring on the championship.

One advantage that i have is all my best players are on 5 year contracts so there is no chance i will lose them on a free!!!

yep hope it works at championship level!!! I started off quite slow only finishing 13th in the blue square in my first season but we have being doing really well since then. Im doing alot better than i thought i would.

Also most of my squad have being signed on the cheap as regens from blue square so havent cost much. for example i paid 2k to leeds for sanchez payne and now hes worth 2.7m!!!

end of season 3,

Finished 7th in league 1, 2 points off the play offs but did retain the JPT, so ive won a cup every season now and this is my 1st season i havent been promoted.

Players in: Dmitry Khomich, Ali Fuseini, Pablo Alonso(regen), Simon Cox, Daniele Marino(regen), Andrea Bianchi(regen), George Murphy, Artur, Andrey Nagumanov, Edward King, Josh Bartlett(regen)

Bosmans in: Kriakos Papadopoulos, Michal Janota, Kerlon, Martin Petrov, Jordi Gomes, Marco Marchionni, Zoltan Gera, Claudio Pizarro

Transfers out : Artur(1.7 million), Pavel Mochalin(26k + 50%), Nathaniel Knight Percival(8k + 50%), Jari Litmanen(free)

Was surprised when the board gave me 9 million to spend at the start of season 4!

95,000K, maximum wage 8750k. I sold quite a few youngsters for 3-4 million so that may have something to do with it

WHAT!!!!!!!! ive got 28k and max wage of 2.8k. Im in a higher division than you as well.

Ive just sold a player for 9.5m so maybe ive have a bigger budget next year.

you never know mate altogether ive made 6.5 million on transfers and only spent 3 so that must have boosted my finances up, my financial status is Rich some how! i havent used Sugar daddy either!

Archived