Chairman Status: In process of Board Takeover

As per topic title, when viewing Chairman Status in Club info screen, it has recently changed to see him listed as "In the process of a board takeover".

Yet, there has been no news item regarding this development.

In your experience, how long would it be before I should expect to see something in the media relating to this takeover process?

As per topic title, when viewing Chairman Status in Club info screen, it has recently changed to see him listed as "In the process of a board takeover".

Yet, there has been no news item regarding this development.

In your experience, how long would it be before I should expect to see something in the media relating to this takeover process?

A few weeks to a month at the most, you might see news that the takeover is going badly but it picks up sometimes and rarely fails.

By the way you should look in the news screen for takeover news, your inbox doesn't get much to do with takeovers until its complete

It varies.

Sometimes they're quick, sometimes they drag on for months.

Pretty much, most of mine hve happened within a month but i have read of these taking up to 6 months before. I wouldnt know about time before you get a news item as i havnt oaid that much notice TBH. The way i thought it worked was:-

1) News item saying rumours/interest in being taken over

2) Transfer embargo placed to prevent movement of players

3) Further news item to report if takeover was completed or failed

Thanks for the responses. :)

I've played FM for years, so I know about the general ways that potential takeovers can play out, 'going badly' etc. It's not so much the duration of the takeover I was interested in, just that in previous experience (FM07) there were always rumours in the press about it. I was just surprised to not have had any news about it.

By the way you should look in the news screen for takeover news, your inbox doesn't get much to do with takeovers until its complete

Ahh. I see. And that could well be the answer I was looking for. Thank you stevie. :)

I shall have a look at that later when I return from work. I do enjoy my job, but just think the amount of hours a day it impinges upon FM playing time is highly inconsiderate. ;)

I tend to find that the initial story is a rumour then you will here nothing for 4 weeks, unless initial rumour is worng, you may get rumour saying rumoured fellow director looking take over then it may change to tycoon for instance, this tends to happen in first week.

From my experiance though tends be first rumour, then four weeks till offer, then at least two weeks till any further news then differs from there

Thanks for the replies.

Ahh, finally, I got a message in my inbox last night. :)

"Southampton Chairman (the very much hated) Rupert Lowe is looking to relinquish control of the Club (if only that would happen in real life). It is thought that he is looking to hand over control to another member of the board".

Bring it on. Bye bye Rupert, hope the door hits you on your way out.

2irm4hz.jpg

^^ (A sight longed for, by Southampton supporters everywhere: The back of Rupert Lowe. :D ) ^^

Thanks for the responses. :)

I've played FM for years, so I know about the general ways that potential takeovers can play out, 'going badly' etc. It's not so much the duration of the takeover I was interested in, just that in previous experience (FM07) there were always rumours in the press about it. I was just surprised to not have had any news about it.

Ahh. I see. And that could well be the answer I was looking for. Thank you stevie. :)

I shall have a look at that later when I return from work. I do enjoy my job, but just think the amount of hours a day it impinges upon FM playing time is highly inconsiderate. ;)

Anytime mate, glad i could be of eome help to you:thup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
As others have said, the time taken varies wildly. Posters have said the takeover can take over one year, my only experience on FM09 was at FC United where a board takeover only took 28 days to complete.

Ive been waiting 9 months at lfc.

Not been able to sign anybody in my 2nd season after doing the treble in my fisrt season.

I feel like quiting the club.

Hicks and gillet...even destroying the club in game!!

Archived