What are Man City and Arsenal like in your FM09 game?

They are just dominating the game on mine. Man City have signed basically everyone, even Santa Cruz and Ainkeev cant get in their team.

Arsenal are just wayy overrated in this game, Fabregas scores every game and Arsenal keep getting 90 minute goals.

What are they like on yours? And if you are one of them please state (y)

Man City could be great but they spend so much money every transfer window their team never has a chance a gel. A team of world class players on different levels, they've won one league cup in 8 seasons in my game.

Arsenal have won 4 PL titles and a few other cups.

Arsenal are always there at the top in my Newcastle save but City are always around 4-6 place, regardless of who they sign. Top 4 are now Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool and Newcastle United with Chelsea and City going for 5th.

Chelsea always seem to decline in my game saves, i have never actually seen them finish above 5th in the first season and Scolari always gets the boot out of the door! Although they are still a major force in cup competitions

Chelsea always seem to decline in my game saves, i have never actually seen them finish above 5th in the first season and Scolari always gets the boot out of the door! Although they are still a major force in cup competitions

I can actually see Chelsea declining irl. Hiddink isn't the answer I'm afraid and the whole issue of the dressing room being split is gonna be their downfall. Abramovich will pull the plug soon once he gets bored and realises he is losing money. Drogba and Lampard are Inter bound at the end of this season in my opinion. Once City get in the right players and they gel, next season will see them pushing for Champs League.

From my current save -

Arsenal

08/09 - 1st

09/10 - 1st - Community Shield

10/11 - 2nd

11/12 - 3rd - Community Shield, FA Cup , Champions League, , Club World Championship

12/13 - 1st - FA Cup

Man City

08/09 - 6th

09/10 - 7th

10/11 - 7th

11/12 - 6th

12/13 - 9th UEFA Cup

Im in 2011/12 season and the current big 4 are as follows,

Arsenal 2nd

Man Utd 4th

Liverpool 5th

Chelsea 10th

Man City are always around the champions league places and pretty much end up somewhere in the top 4. The runaway domination is from my Wolves side though :thup:

Arsenal have never been outide the top 5 so far.

on my save i'm just starting the 2014/15 season. joined man city in the second half of the season when they were 15th in the league. all the other seasons had seem them finish between 6th and 8th. i came in and got them to a respectable 3rd after spending £150 million on players in january.

arsenal seem to dominate every year with man utd challenging. chelsea and liverpool are declining with the likes of gerrard and lampard getting on. they're both now challenging for 4th, way off the title challengers. i'm expecting league glory this year after spending another £150 million on players, with the likes of marquinhos, guillan, aguero, ronaldinho and jovetic in my ranks.

From my current save -

Arsenal

08/09 - 1st

09/10 - 1st - Community Shield

10/11 - 2nd

11/12 - 3rd - Community Shield, FA Cup , Champions League, , Club World Championship

12/13 - 1st - FA Cup

Man City

08/09 - 6th

09/10 - 7th

10/11 - 7th

11/12 - 6th

12/13 - 9th UEFA Cup

How could Arsenal possibly win the Community shield in 2011/2012 if they finished 2nd with no FA Cup in 2010/2011?????

Arsenal

08/09: 1st

09/10: 1st

10/11: 4th

11/12: 4th

12/13: 3rd

13/14: 3rd so far 7pts off top

Man City

08/09: 5th

09/10: 6th

10/11: 3rd

11/12: 5th

12/13: 1st

13/14: 1st so far 5pts ahead of me (liverpool)

City started off slowly spending loads of money but they are now looking very strong. Arsenal haven't really challenged since seasons 1 & 2.

Arsenal started vitualy unbeatable but eventual when wenger quits and they lose a few players they go downhill. now in the 2016/17 season and i have won 15 out of 16 games in the premier league but struggling in all the cups only just winning.

I did invest in youth players which is a big factor for winning the title 3 times in a row and the season just gone i did the PL/CL/FA triple and currently with the CS/SC/WCC titles i just need to win the LC this season and i will be holding every available trophy at the same time :D which would be very special to me the only thing that will beat it will be winning them in 1 season not over 2 consecutive seasons.

All i can say is ride out the storm with arsenal and see how it goes.

I can actually see Chelsea declining irl. Hiddink isn't the answer I'm afraid and the whole issue of the dressing room being split is gonna be their downfall. Abramovich will pull the plug soon once he gets bored and realises he is losing money. Drogba and Lampard are Inter bound at the end of this season in my opinion. Once City get in the right players and they gel, next season will see them pushing for Champs League.

Agreed, although hiddink is only going til the end of the season and abramovich is targetting ancelotti, apart from that, those players will end up at inter and all they will have is poor John Terry clutching at straws, trying to captain a group of players, not a team, i wouldn be suprised if he picked up the phone and called "the special one"

I only got the new patch and the game back a week ago, so i have only played one season not in the premierleague though,

Arsenal came 3rd

Man city 6th behind villa

Chelsea won the league by 10 clear points

I have always found that west brom always do pretty well in my saves, they came 8th.

1st season- Arsenal came 6th but won the ufea cup against man city. Man City came 5th on goal difference 1 more than arsenal. they got 2 the fa cup and ufea cup final but lost to arsenal and villa[me].Tottenham can 3rd they only signed 1 player.

man city usually buy about 4-5 15 million pound rated players and thats it, arsenal just stick to the 1st or second spot like a limpit, However i'm manchester united this time and we are 8 points clear after 22 games, nemanja vidic to thank for that

I'm playing as Newcastle and am 4 games in to season 2 (2009-2010 season).

Man city are 5th with 9 pts after 4 games. Last season (2008-2009) they finished 4th on 74 pts.

Arsenal are 7th with 9 pts after 5 games. Last season (2008-2009) they finished 2nd on 83 pts.

Chelsea won the premiership with 86 pts. They are now in 14th with 4 pts after 5 games.

I (newcastle) finished 6th with 66 pts. Am now in 15th with 4 pts after 4 games.

In my game (I'm Dover, just promoted to the BSP), Arsenal have money coming out of their ears (club's the richest in the world by quite a margin, and the gap over other Prem teams is significantly larger - Arsenal valued at £580m, next team is Real at £450m, followed by Barcelona at £413m and Man Utd at £358m)

Positions:

2008/09: Man Utd won (91 points), Arsenal came third (86), Man City eleventh (46)

2009/10: Chelsea won (93 points), Arsenal came second (84), Man City sixth (63). Arsenal won FA Cup

2010/11: Arsenal won (86 points), Man City came fourth (69)

2011/12: Arsenal won (88 points), Man City came fifth (70)

2012/13: Chelsea won (89 points), Arsenal came second (74), Man City third (73). Arsenal won Champions League, Man City won UEFA Cup.

Arsenal have been pretty consistent, but not quite dominating the way they appear to in other people's games. Man City have generally been improving year on year, though it's cost the team nearly £450m to get where they are now.

I only payed half a season as City but we were top 4, beat 3 of the big 4 (lost to Man U Grrr! and hammered Arsenal). Arsenal were floundering in 6th actually. As for City, beat the good teams & lost games to the teams we should have had as push-overs. I stopped playing as I was getting a bit annoyed - but I have to admit it was just like City! Ireland is crap though which is one of the worst FM stats vs IRL player stats erors I have ever seen.

on my save i'm just starting the 2014/15 season. joined man city in the second half of the season when they were 15th in the league. all the other seasons had seem them finish between 6th and 8th. i came in and got them to a respectable 3rd after spending £150 million on players in january.

arsenal seem to dominate every year with man utd challenging. chelsea and liverpool are declining with the likes of gerrard and lampard getting on. they're both now challenging for 4th, way off the title challengers. i'm expecting league glory this year after spending another £150 million on players, with the likes of marquinhos, guillan, aguero, ronaldinho and jovetic in my ranks.

hello your save game sounds well good is there any chance of uploading the save games thanks

jimmy

Arsenal seem unstoppable in 2012/13. I've only just been promoted to the Premiership with Leicester, and they had something like 24 shots to my 2 when I played them at home, although they only won 1-0. Man City have a decent side, but tend to finish around 6th, and are miles behind Arsenal, just like everyone else, comparing my match with Arsenal to the ones against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Yah I tend to find that arsenal get better and better after each season (and this seems to happen on every fm) while city keep spending ridicules amounts of money but cant even get into the top 4.

Btw I noticed someone say man city got relegated after the 1st season after spending £160 Million I have to say wow that seems pretty damm amazing even for FMs standards.

I only payed half a season as City but we were top 4, beat 3 of the big 4 (lost to Man U Grrr! and hammered Arsenal). Arsenal were floundering in 6th actually. As for City, beat the good teams & lost games to the teams we should have had as push-overs. I stopped playing as I was getting a bit annoyed - but I have to admit it was just like City! Ireland is crap though which is one of the worst FM stats vs IRL player stats erors I have ever seen.

TBH Ireland's stats were quite accurate based on last season. No city fan would ever have predicted him growing into one of the top 6 PL midfielders overnight, most of us wanted rid of him! He's getting a boost in 9.3, don't know by how much tho.

Archived