Unbelievable Goal by Djibril Cisse

Djibril Cisse scored a goal against my Liverpool team that proved that some assistant referees (and referees) must be blind in the game (just as in real life).

Here are the screens:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

I know these things happen in real life as well, but usually the players protest against such blatant offsides, but not this time. There was no controversy with this goal according to the game, and I wasn't given the choice of complaining about it after the game.

I'm using 8.0.2 (the updated version) and started a new game with that patch albeit with an edited db (just in case somebody is wondering about the version this happened in).

Djibril Cisse scored a goal against my Liverpool team that proved that some assistant referees (and referees) must be blind in the game (just as in real life).

Here are the screens:

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

I know these things happen in real life as well, but usually the players protest against such blatant offsides, but not this time. There was no controversy with this goal according to the game, and I wasn't given the choice of complaining about it after the game.

I'm using 8.0.2 (the updated version) and started a new game with that patch albeit with an edited db (just in case somebody is wondering about the version this happened in).

icon_mad.gif My sympathies mate. That sucks. the one thing to be said is that in that position there is always a chance that Cisse will screw it up, though unfortunately not in this situation.

I'd say you are well within your rights to reload and play it again

Looking at that picture, the player just about to start warming-up.

If the game hasn't distinguished that he is a sub and not on the field of play, then he in fact is playing him onside.

Not sure if this could be the problem, highly doubt it, but who knows.

Looking again, the ref is only 10 yds from Cisse, and is almost level with the last defender himself! How could he miss it?!

Two questions:

Did Cisse get back onside before running through, or was he offside the whole time?

Second, did your players surround the ref/linesman after the 'goal' went in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Middleton:

How has that got through un-noticed? If its genuine, thats appalling! Maybe the ref is Uriah Rennie?

Cisse couldnt score for Liverpool even if he was aloud to stand 5 yds offside all the time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from the F.A Cup Final of course!

Cisse was by no means great but he did score some goals for the club

The whole offside module is a bit of a joke anyway. To be honest I'd rather have it so that it is correct 100% of the time rather than idiotically incorrect. Maybe SI have been listening far too much to whining managers like Nenitez and Wenger or to fans constantly claiming referees are blind etc.

In truth I've seen more bad offside decisions given than ones missed, but both are equally bad. However much referees get decisions wrong in real life I have never seen a referee give offside against a player who has 5 opposition players clearly between himself and the goal or when the player is in his own half when the ball is played. I've seen both of these in FM, the former quite regularly icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Middleton:

Looking again, the ref is only 10 yds from Cisse, and is almost level with the last defender himself! How could he miss it?!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good question that. Also the assistant was not level with the ball at the moment the clearance was made by the goalkeeper. Still, everybody should have seen the blatant offside.

Two questions:

Did Cisse get back onside before running through, or was he offside the whole time?

Second, did your players surround the ref/linesman after the 'goal' went in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) He did not get back "onside", not that that would make any difference as offside is judged at the moment the pass is made.

2) No. I already said that in my initial post.

By the way, I lost the game 2-4 with Cisse scoring a hat-trick. This 2-2 goal turned the game. Oh well, **** happens. If this would have been a real life happening with me as the manager, I would probably have refused to continue the game if the goal would stand. I would simply have told the team to leave the pitch. Now, where's that option in the game? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pablo1986:

Did it come off a defender? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daisuke6967:

Thats one massiv error... maybe a bug that needs to be sorted? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Na, linesman miss obvious offsides all the time. Only at the weekend we had a nightmare lino who failed to spot 4 or 5 Blackburn players standing in a line ALL offside. Luckily Marcus saved the header as all our defenders were 10 yards forward!

I've seen them missed IRL It looks like it might have just been an awful decision. The linesman appears to be looking at the goalkeeper.

However if you want us to investigate this more then report it in the bugs forums and provide us with the PKM on the FTP and we can take a look at it.

Why would players not surround the linesman and why would a news item not come up?

I've noticed the most blatant offsides often don't involve either of these two things, yet your players will cry foul and the media will hound you when the opposition striker was five yards onside.

It's realistic to have incorrect offside decisions, but as others have said, its irritating that you often don't get a chance to complain about it.

Then when your players kick up a fuss about a player being "offside" when they're in fact 5 yards onside you get asked about it after the game, say it was the correct decision and one of your players is unhappy with you. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Cox:

I've seen them missed IRL It looks like it might have just been an awful decision. The linesman appears to be looking at the goalkeeper.

However if you want us to investigate this more then report it in the bugs forums and provide us with the PKM on the FTP and we can take a look at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair Steve, it's not even a dodgy decision - it's akin to Roy Carroll's "save" against Spurs (remember?), but at least the ref and linesman were a fair distance away then...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by whyzippyisorange:

As a matter of interest, did you complain about the decision after the game? And did the FA "keep silent"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you read my opening post more carefully, you'll find the answers to your queries.

Archived