Laptop or Desktop?

What do you play FM09 on?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What do you play FM09 on?

• Laptop only
    • Desktop only
    • Both Laptop and Desktop
    • Neither!

I use a desktop at the moment. I'd like to get a laptop to play the game on, mainly so I can sit on the couch and play it while the missus watches the telly. But I dread to think how much I would have to spend on a laptop for it to run the resource hungry FM09 at a decent speed.

I use a desktop at the moment. I'd like to get a laptop to play the game on, mainly so I can sit on the couch and play it while the missus watches the telly. But I dread to think how much I would have to spend on a laptop for it to run the resource hungry FM09 at a decent speed.

That's why I just bought a Laptop.

Bought one from Currys for £400, is running FM pretty well.

The only thing that I don't seem to get on with is the touchpad, much prefer a proper mouse.

i am using a laptop having previously only ever used a desktop. the laptop is brilliant. it sounds simple but having the ability to play FM anywhere (at work on dinner break, on the train, sat in bed) is great and i dont think i could ever go back to a desktop.

Voted Desktop.

Couldn't imagine playing it on a laptop. Even without playing FM on them, laptops are really annoying if you haven't got a mouse for it.

Couldn't hack all the clicking and micromangement needed in FM on a laptop.

Yes, definitely. I know plenty of people that have dropped FM09 for 08 and even more who are still playing 07.

I know i would still be playing FM 07 right now! If only i didnt scratch my disk:( I would maybe be playing 08 again, if it didnt get jammed in the dvd drive of my old PC.

The only reason im still playing 09 is that its the only FM game i still possess:p

Though i havnt played it in a week! Damn these forums:D

I know i would still be playing FM 07 right now! If only i didnt scratch my disk:( I would maybe be playing 08 again, if it didnt get jammed in the dvd drive of my old PC.

The only reason im still playing 09 is that its the only FM game i still possess:p

Though i havnt played it in a week! Damn these forums:D

I am never letting you lose with any of my disks, that's for sure.

I am never letting you lose with any of my dicks, that's for sure.

I am absolutely sure you meant "Disks" if not then im offended by your comment, assuming that i go for men! LOL

My FM discs hardly ever leave the dvd drives, on rare occasions i will take the disc out to watch a dvd or listen to Def Leppard

Laptop. It is from my work work but am allowed to install FM09 on it, officially it is against the works policy to install applications which you don't need for your daily job, but since I travel a lot they approved as I told that playing FM09 is what I do when being alone in Hotels across Europe (of course sitting in the bar watching TV and drinking a beer while playing). And now also playing on it while at home. Dumped the old desktop, bought the wife her own laptop so she can go on MSN, the net without me having to leave my laptop.

Used to use a desktop but bought a £300 laptop before xmas when desktop stopped living.

Game runs ok 3D, little jittery but playable.

Gotta say though the space saved and the ability to go mobile means that despite the lacking performance I will never buy a desktop again.

Archived