Too many injuries again!?

I played a long savegame with Colchester, and i never had many injuries to deal with, it was mostly real and fine.

But i recently started a new save with Inter, and it has been hell since. Every the second or third match i have 3-4 injuries during one game, now i do have depth in the squad to cover them for other matches, but my team is sometimes not playing well, and i would rather substitute an out of form player than an inform injured one.

And it seems like an unwritten rule in FM09, if a player is in good form, he will 9/10 times be injured. Okay you might say the opposition tell their players to go hard on him, yet though, how often do you see an inform player get injured so consistently in real life? I know Ibra has been killing opponents this year yet he has yet to be injured, just as does Messi.

It is my belief that paranoia takes over when you think something is happening. You then believe it even more.

Perhaps you have just been unlucky in your first few games.

Check your training schedules and alter them about somewhat to see if it makes any difference. Colchester play at a much different level to Inter and it could be the case that your training schedule is not the best for Inter's players.

I highly doubt there's any 'unwritten rules' in FM. I see no reason why there should be. The game is run on algorithms and random number sequences. They can not decide your star striker will get injured next game.

I think it's pretty safe to say that there is no longer an injury problem with the game. There are not enough people complaining about it or entering bugs about it for it to be a genuine problem imo.

Just remember, with this many people playing the game some are going to have unlucky periods where they pick up a lot of injuries (just like in real life). Some will have their training too intense, some will have their tackling set to too hard, you get the idea.

Just remember, with this many people playing the game some are going to have unlucky periods where they pick up a lot of injuries (just like in real life). Some will have their training too intense, some will have their tackling set to too hard, you get the idea.

Too bloody right. I'm in one right now with my super Slovenians, Koper. Pretty much my entire midfield is crocked with the end of the winter break fast approaching. The only mid left is the cheeky chappy who is playing badly cause he wants to leave in the summer.

You have to accept it and move on with replacements, or find out why it's happening. Sometimes it doesn't need a reason, of course. It just happens.

Getting through these moments takes grit. Have you got what it takes, OP?

If you can get any success with Colchester, then you must have some. :D

I'm not too sure, myself, with the statement that long term injuries are far too frequent. I tend to find that most players are out for a couple of weeks. Even then my squad seems to be back in action in half the time the physio originally states.

We all have differing squads, of course, and that leads to differing experiences.

This is very, very true.

And that is why SI have such a hard time bugging FM. It is also why bugs get through despite lengthy testing procedures.

That is what a lot of the rude forum goers fail to realise. Not that I am pointing a finger at anyone.

With the best testers in the world, all the money in the world and more people than you can shake a stick at, SI would still find that bugs get through in FM. Simply because there are so many permutations.

Maybe my points don't really go with this thread, as the OP wasn't really being grumbly, but I wish people would accept the facts.

I played a long savegame with Colchester, and i never had many injuries to deal with, it was mostly real and fine.

But i recently started a new save with Inter, and it has been hell since. Every the second or third match i have 3-4 injuries during one game, now i do have depth in the squad to cover them for other matches, but my team is sometimes not playing well, and i would rather substitute an out of form player than an inform injured one.

And it seems like an unwritten rule in FM09, if a player is in good form, he will 9/10 times be injured. Okay you might say the opposition tell their players to go hard on him, yet though, how often do you see an inform player get injured so consistently in real life? I know Ibra has been killing opponents this year yet he has yet to be injured, just as does Messi.

Injuries are very annoying but you only have to look at Everton irl to see that it can happen.

Even then my squad seems to be back in action in half the time the physio originally states.

This is true. I was crapping myself when it said Elmander would be out for five months but he was back in 2 or 3 . . . good thing Gudjohnsen rejected my offer, that would have been huge wages for a bench warmer.

*EDIT* The strange thing was that my BEST physio said he'd definitely be out for 5 months, but the lesser physios said 3-5 months.

*EDIT* The strange thing was that my BEST physio said he'd definitely be out for 5 months, but the lesser physios said 3-5 months.

He used his great physioing skill to rate the injury at a 5 month recouperation, but then also used that skill, to great effect, in making the player better in 2 months. :D

Give him a pay rise.

Yeah, i'm not complaining, as i alreayd tried it with Colchester, and if it was a general game problem, then it would have happened there too, and i got Colchester to the third position in EPL and several cups.

But i just wanted to know if this happens to others too sometimes, or should i look into my training regime, as i always use the same training regime which i got from one of this forum's members.

On another hand, both Ibra and Messi have been getting injured every 2-3 matches for me, lucky only 1-2 weeks though.

And yes, lucky thing is most if not all of the players recover from the injuries in half the time stated by the physio.

I am playing as Man Utd and I have 8 first team players out for a month or more and I am only 2 games into the season. I can't see it being my training schedules, they arn't intense. I'm not tackling hard, I'm just getting 2 or 3 players injured every match, literally.

The biggest joke of all was Wayne Rooney who had an outstanding pre-season sparined his ankle and he's out for 2 months. A sprained ankle and he's out for 2 months. I did have 1 training related injury which was to Carrick, he pulled a muscle in his chest doing weights. He was out for 3 months though.

I can accept that this isn't happening to everyone and that in game terms it's possibly just bad luck but I can't explain how horrible it is for me right now I really can't. I don't want to re-start my game but since I'm only starting I might have to because the injuries have been like this all through pre-season and are continuing into the season with no sign of letup. If they don't stop I will literrally have no team left. I have used similar trainnig methods for United in past game saves and I never had these problems. I have done a few games without these problems but 2-3 months of constant injuries is more than just bad luck, it's a big game issue. Even unlucky injury runs shouldn't go on for 3 months. Hopefully they will stop.

Archived