Cancelling a transfer?

My cousin played my game, I asked him to make a bid for Balotelli, his bid got accepted and he was set for my team . So when he leaves my house, I realise he bidded £48million for him...WAY to much money IMO. Anyway to cancel it? I will do anything it takes, except start again =P, unless I have no choice.

If the transfer hasn't been confirmed you can "withdraw" the transfer bid using the player's profile screen. If it's already gone through (it says "joining [club] on 1st January 2009") you can't do anything without cheating. You could use FMM to transfer him back to his old club, decrease their transfer budget by £48m and increase your own by the same.

Actually, using FMM in this case might not be cheating. If a real life manager asked, say, a chairman to bid for a player and found out that the whole budget was blown on one player, the manager would try to cancel it.

A human mistake rather than an in-game one should be correctable without feeling guilty.

(If you haven't got FMM just Google "FMM 2.25" - it's an in-game editor, not built by SI tho, so you take your chances using it).

Perhaps someone could give us an insight into how contracts work in football and the possibility of being allowed to cancel up to the due date.

I would have thought that the cotnract itself isn't signed until a couple of days before the transfer goes through (when outside a transfer window).

Does anyone know if a team arranges a transfer in September for January is the contract signed etc or is that all finalised when the transfer window approaches?

If you already confirmed the transfer, then it's finalised and there is no way you can cancel it but roll back to your previous save or use FMM.

If you confirmed a transfer in September for January window, the contracted is pre-signed. The game won't let you cancel it. However, I'm sure you can do something about it in real life.

I don't think any versions of FM so far have let you made changes after transfer confirmation.

I'm pretty sure that nothin can be done in the game except go back as others have said.

In real life I am pretty sure things can be done. If I remember correctly, when Benitez joined Liverpool he was given the option of cancelling the transfer of Djibril Cisse. Bet he wished he had done.

Originally posted by GalwayUnitedFC:

Correct me if im wrong,but were you not able to cancel incomingincoming transfers in older versions of the game.

yes but i`m sure that was deemed illegal as it was breaking a contractual agreement and was withdrawn from the game as it can`t happen IRL

Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

yes but i`m sure that was deemed illegal as it was breaking a contractual agreement and was withdrawn from the game as it can`t happen IRL

I just wonder how likely it is IRL for a club to arrange a transfer in September for January and sign it all up in September.

Surely a gentleman's agreement is come to and the actual deal is signed etc after medical on the date of transfer, what happens if Alex Ferguson signs Michael Owen on September 1st and on 30th December he breaks his leg in 5 places and is going to be out for two years?

Is that not what happened initially with Van Nistelrooy? Ferguson had agreed the transfer before the end of the season but come signing day at the end of the season he failed his medical and the next season he was out with cruciate damge. Utd signed him initially but broke the agreement rather than the contract. IMO outside transfer windows it should be an agreement reached to sign a contract on day of deal rather than deal reached.

Archived