Where are the tactics (FM 2009)???

i have just bought the game. i pick newcastle. i choose my starting X1. next i tell my left winger to cut inside... wait, no i don't. i cannot tell my left winger to cut inside. he can either go forwards or backwards - just like every other player.

what is going on? if this is progress then i am getting very worried. for years on cm => fm games we have been able to tell players where we want them to go. now for some reason we cannot. the default formation has centre backs going backwards and full backs going forwards - what is going on? that does not make sense.

if this is the price we have to pay for a 3d match engine, i would prefer a proper 2d engine (or even a text only version that actually simulated real life).

fm is changing a lot and i'm not sure it's all for the best.

lol i played man city they gave me 120 million transfer budget and i used all of it.At the end of the season i got into the 10th place,trying all the tactics still cant win matches and even though my possesion and shooting is far better than the oppositon team still cant win.now i realised wat is my mistakes is the training schedules and the squad harmony.chhers!

It is nothing to do with the 3d match engine. SI removed those arrows for several reasons which have been discussed to death here on the forums. The arrows you see now reflect the player forward runs individual instruction. Set it to rarely and you see backward arrows.

yes but still without the arrows, players are too stiff....like robhino when playing for Brazil he is all over the pitch. left right middle...how do you make that in fm 09? ehhhh you cant the arrows are gone. we need them back made the game more fun!

Archived