Which highlights do you watch?

I've always been a fan of 'extended' highlights but they seem to last for a really long time on FM09. Not only that but I'm starting to find some of the 3D a bit repetitive and there seem to be way too many chances shown. I might be switching to 'key' for a while to see if that works out better.

Just got me thinking... which highlights do you normally use?

key for me, which is sometimes too much --watching an injuired played walk off the pitch is boring!

Yes the player walking off the pitch takes forever.

I once saw a physio come on and then walk off with the injured player, except the player didn't get up so it looked as though he was being dragged along on his face! :D

Waiting for players to get booked can be quite dull as well, especially when they have to walk over from the other side of the pitch.

I get quite bored waiting for corners and throw-ins as well.

I don't remember extended being this slow on FM08.

I think it is time to switch to key for me. Maybe keep extended for big games.

C.

• 3 months later...

I only have FM 2006, but I think the "extended" highlights are not extended enough. You have to see a lot of the game to be able to judge players and tactics... How can you analyze a whole game just looking at key highlights?? :confused:

i think the only difference between key and extended is - extended will show all the booking and injury that's all. so it's KEY all the way for me.

Only difference??? :eek:

Hardly. With key you have no idea how your tactics are working, or how to counter your opponents tactics. You need to be watching extended highlights at the very least.

I wonder how many people coming on here wingeing about cheating AI and unfair tactics (always concede in last 5 minutes blah blah) watch only key highlights.

Only difference??? :eek:

Hardly. With key you have no idea how your tactics are working, or how to counter your opponents tactics. You need to be watching extended highlights at the very least.

I wonder how many people coming on here wingeing about cheating AI and unfair tactics (always concede in last 5 minutes blah blah) watch only key highlights.

I agree. I can´t fathom how people can analyze a game, the players and the tactics just from key highlights. Unfortunately, watching a full game is just too long, but the extended are too short, and I have difficulties grasping exactly why my team is winning/losing from those scarce highlights.

anyone noticed your team playing differently when watching the match in full detail? I used to watch only key or extended and my team were doing crap (well, not up to potential). I decided to try full detail, we won 3-0 away from home with dominating completely (about 65-35% possession) against the 3rd placed team. In the next match at home we won 3-0, again dominating the possession totally (about 70-30%), this time against a mid table team though. Previously we had around 55% usually, so I can`t help to think but the game engine seems to work better for me when watching the match in full detail.

I have the toughest match coming up against the unbeaten 1st placed team at home, I hope the team will perform as good as in the previous matches. ;)

Do all of you 'full detail' players also watch at normal speed? Or can you crank it up, and still be confident you're spotting the patterns which you need to?

(I don't even know if it's possible to increase the speed when playing on full detail)

anyone noticed your team playing differently when watching the match in full detail? ...blah blah... so I can`t help to think but the game engine seems to work better for me when watching the match in full detail.

Myth; nonsense. It's the same match engine.

Myth; nonsense. It's the same match engine.

I know, but how would you explain the sudden significant increase in possession compared to my previous matches (talking about 10-15%)? I just got a breakthrough with my tactics?

I know, but how would you explain the sudden significant increase in possession compared to my previous matches (talking about 10-15%)? I just got a breakthrough with my tactics?

The lazy AI-players get exhausted having to play the full match instead of just the highlights...

Archived