Help error message

HevV

Right im new here so forgive me if i do something wrong LOL.

Basically i turned my laptop on earlier to go on to FM09 but when it went to load it came up with a windows message saying, fm09.exe cannot run and has to close (send error message, dont send)

Ive fiddled around with settings and ive reinstalled it once, and im desperate to get playing again as i have recently started to do well LOL.

Please if anyone knows how to change or make it work can you let me know

Thanks!!

Its been working ever since i got it beginning of January, i turned on my laptop earlier and it did the routine 'disk checking' where my disc was still in the drive. Not sure if that has any influence on it??

And what patch is it you are on about mate?

Right its been working fine up until yesterday when a disc check happened, and the disc was in the disc drive. Not sure if that affects anything, but by the looks of things it has! Whenever i go on Football Manager i cant even see the advertisements because the program pops up then so does the box telling me whether i want to send error report or dont send due to the game 'not responding'.

Try deleting the cache files and registry entries manually.

How to delete your Cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' the 'Folder Options'. The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open “My Computer”

2. Navigate to : "C: Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.

4. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Wndows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”

4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder

5. Delete the “Football Manager 2009” Folder.

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder.

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove the “Football Manager XX” Folder.

How to Delete your Registry Files

Windows XP:

1. Click “Start”

2. Click "Run"

3. Type in "Regedit"

4. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

5. Go into the 'Software Folder'

6. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

7. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

8. Go into the 'Software Folder'

9. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click “Start”

2. Type in the search box "Regedit"

3. Go into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Folder

4. Go into the 'Software Folder'

5. Delete the Sports Interactive Folder

6. Go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Folder

7. Go into the 'Software Folder'

8. Delete the Sports Interactive Ltd Folder

They are files FM installs that it may not have uninstalled by just uninstalling the game. Don't just delete them without uninstalling the game though. Uninstall the game first and remove everything related to it from the computer including doing the things I said above before reinstalling. These are some things you may have to delete manually.

Hopefully it works. If it does not you can just get a digital copy of the game from steam and since you already have the game you will not have to pay again.

On a side note though, be careful with the language as you could get infracted for that.

Hmmm it hasnt worked, im going to uninstall again and try it on my computer, as opposed to my laptop

Im a regular on another forum which allows words like that if they are covered up etc, so forgive me for that.....

My computer will not read my DVD disc

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Download Steam from here - http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Install Steam on your computer

Once installed, open up Steam

Go to My Games

Go to Activate a product on Steam

Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)

Steam should now download your game.

Wow, its working ?? LOL Im downloading my FM09 off of my desktop computer(with internet access as i sorted a ethernet cable) and it says it is downloading and doesnt need product key etc, so that should work?! Thanks for the help anyway mate!!!!!

Just another 2 hours............

Archived