Undermine your Chairman in transfer deals

I know it can be a pain when your chairman accepts a bid without your consent because it was too good to turn down. In ym case I probably would have accepted it in the circumstances. However, I noticed that on the transfer centre, if a chairman had accepted the bid you could still reject it thanks to something SI seemed to have missed. On the transfer centre screen, when you click on a transfer that has been accepted, you can then click reject or view tranfer. Now I clicked reject to see what would happen. It turns out that I rejected a bid that my chairman accepted. However this must be a glitch so is kind of cheating :rolleyes:

i like to undermine my chairman by offering a massive contract to the player they have accepted a bid for. on fm07 my atletico chairman was constantly accepting bids for torres. Every time I offered him a new contract and he accepted so the transfer was cancelled.

I know it can be a pain when your chairman accepts a bid without your consent because it was too good to turn down. In ym case I probably would have accepted it in the circumstances. However, I noticed that on the transfer centre, if a chairman had accepted the bid you could still reject it thanks to something SI seemed to have missed. On the transfer centre screen, when you click on a transfer that has been accepted, you can then click reject or view tranfer. Now I clicked reject to see what would happen. It turns out that I rejected a bid that my chairman accepted. However this must be a glitch so is kind of cheating :rolleyes:

I was completely unaware of this :eek:

Thank you :thup:

That seriously damages your wage bill though.

it would depend on the player. like torres at atletico. I felt that the chairman was accepting a bid that was too low for what he brought to the team and aguero wasnt ready to lead the front line yet. so I offered him a massiv contract. I doubt I wouldve done it for anyone else at my atletico side. but if its my most important player then ill do anything to keep them

Damn. I wish I'd known about this sooner. As manager of Notts County my chairman sold a fantastic right back for 700k. The think that irked me was that he didn't request a sell-on clause. He's since been re-sold for 3.5m.

If I had of known I would have rejected his acceptance and tried to sell him myself with a sell-on clause.

Grrr....

Now that you mention this, i think it might have been raised in the past. Although, i had clearly forgotten about it until now ...... i really must pay more attention.

I think in the past it was raised when speaking about parent clubs forcing you to have loanees and this wrecking your plans for other loans as it filled your quota. You can cancel these within the transfer centre also

I see it as cheating. If you really dont want the player to go offer him a new contract. In FM08, i had regular success with doing that. Also, if i think the bid the chairman accepted is too low, i quit the job.

Some would argue that the route of offering a contract is also 'cheating'. IRL a chairman would accept an offer because he thinks it is too good to turn down. Once he has done that, he is hardly going to authorise/allow the manager to offer a new deal to the player in question. It would be completely out of the manager's hands.

So going into the transfer centre and cancelling the deal is no less realistic than offering an improved contract.

Some would argue that the route of offering a contract is also 'cheating'. IRL a chairman would accept an offer because he thinks it is too good to turn down. Once he has done that, he is hardly going to authorise/allow the manager to offer a new deal to the player in question. It would be completely out of the manager's hands.

So going into the transfer centre and cancelling the deal is no less realistic than offering an improved contract.

It's not because there has been an offer, the player always leaves. and in the end it is the player who decides.

WOW if only i had discovered this the other day! finished my first season off with swansea sat comftable in mid table i had singed a player who was amazing such a bargain on the left wing. blackburn come in and bid 1.9 millilon for him and chairman accepts. such a shame i never knew about this then. he got voted the championships signing of the season as well and had the highest rating of the league.

Ahhh this will help me out a lot!

All the way up to the championship i've had my chairman selling my best players (Who i got on free's from teams who didn't want them...) Now i might just have a shot at getting to the prem and i'd like to hold on to my best players, most regens from low Italian teams lol! Im not accepting bids lower than £15mil! Might be able to buy me some good players with that money lol.

Im glad I helped out a lot people (I hope as I have only done it once). Most of my youngsters are Italian too, the lower clubs keep coming up trumps with young players with premier league potential.

And to earlier on, I actually said it was cheating because if you undermined your chairman in real life you would find yourself out of a job faster then you could say goodbye. Also I agree that offering them a contract after the chairman has accepted a bid is also cheating because realistically it is the chairman that does the contract offers, not the manager. The manager just indicate who he wants to offer a new contract to.

WOW! Thanks TC! Never knew! However, I hope I can't get sacked forr rejecting bids, not least because this would mean that this is deliberate by SI and not a glitch... probably won't stop me using it though!!!

WOW! Thanks TC! Never knew! However, I hope I can't get sacked forr rejecting bids, not least because this would mean that this is deliberate by SI and not a glitch... probably won't stop me using it though!!!

When I did it the board didnt even batter an eye lid. The player just complained that he wasnt allowed to move clubs but 5 months down the line he is happy he is at the club again.

Im glad I helped out a lot people (I hope as I have only done it once). Most of my youngsters are Italian too, the lower clubs keep coming up trumps with young players with premier league potential.

And to earlier on, I actually said it was cheating because if you undermined your chairman in real life you would find yourself out of a job faster then you could say goodbye. Also I agree that offering them a contract after the chairman has accepted a bid is also cheating because realistically it is the chairman that does the contract offers, not the manager. The manager just indicate who he wants to offer a new contract to.

i think Italian regens are the best in this years fm. my youth squad is half Italien and half English. Italien regens are cheap :) hope the chairman doesnt accept a bid for one of my prize regens but if he does i can reject! woop!

cheers :D

It seems like a deliberate thing to stop people whinging about the chairmen ruining their game, or just a loophole in the code they've decided not to plug (yet) so why do you need SI to explain it to you whether its a bug or not? If you don't want to use it then ignore it and if you do enjoy it. Simple.

Before you know it people will campaign to get the 'bug' removed just to ruin it for everyone that's using it (using the excuse that its not realistic), just like other things in the past.

Archived