Not sure if this is a bug?

Hey guys, im not sure if this is a bug , but every couple of weeks the same 3 to 4 players in my first team squad always seem to do something to warrent a fine for unprofessional behaviour, they are all 24 or older, they morale is good and there mental stats are all high in fact one of them is my captin . I keep fineing them and a couple of weeks later this happens again and again. Any ideas? Thanks

I am playing as Inter.

i have no idea lol when you left click on a players name and scroll down to disipline you can't fine them unless they have played bad or got sent off, however i have never got a news item saying why they deserve a fine it just gives me the option to fine them.

You do not have to fine them even if it comes up as an option.

A possibility why it is even an option could be what jod123 was getting at. Either them reacting favourably to another manager's transfer advances or just them reacting favourably to other managers' praises in the media.

Fining them for that seems rather draconian to me and so I never take that road. I would rather focus on praising these players when their performances merit praise and not worry about them acknowledging the praise of other managers.

If they get sent off however, I always take the hard-line stance with them. Zero tolerance for violent conduct in my books.

Oh and to answer your question whether it is a bug or not, I do not think it is. It is most probably available as an option for the over-zealous people who want their players to be 100% focussed on their club and their existing manager, and not 'greener pastures' out there.

Yeah, this happened to me with Huddersfield

I had one guy have the "pictured walking out of a bar late last night" message TWO days in a row and then a missed training a week after.

As for the cause, you've lost me.

At a wild guess, as someone said, hidden stats and if you are out of form, then they could be unhappy and their mental stats cause an outcome

Yeah, this happened to me with Huddersfield

I had one guy have the "pictured walking out of a bar late last night" message TWO days in a row and then a missed training a week after.

As for the cause, you've lost me.

At a wild guess, as someone said, hidden stats and if you are out of form, then they could be unhappy and their mental stats cause an outcome

This is a pretty different scenario to what the OP was facing in his game.

In your case, a warning/fine would be totally justified in my eyes as the player missed training due to negligence. The hidden "professionalism" attribute would most likely be the key culprit in his poor behaviour.

In the OP's case, he is wondering why the option to fine his players for unprofessional behaviour is available when viewing the players' profiles, and yet he had not received any news of his players behaving poorly in his inbox. This basically led us to believe it could be due to his players responding favourably to the praises of other managers, which you can appreciate is quite different from having a late night out and missing training subsequently.

Archived