When is a player ready to be captain?

Just wondering if a player can be too young to be captain as i've got an excellent regen in my squad who seems to have good stats in all the right areas but he's on 19 so unsure as to whether it would be right to give it to him?

Need to nip out for a while but can post a screenshot later so people could check to see if he's good enough.

Thanks in advance.

Age does play a part I think as I appointed a young player as my captain before because he had all the right stats but felt under pressure and did not perform well. So I would say go for someobdy with more experience if you can.

Perhaps you could ask yourself for how long has he been a regular fixture of the first team?

If the answer is not long at all, you might not want to entrust him with such an important role within the squad. Moreover, his team-mates might hold other players in greater esteem and as a result not rally behind such an inexperienced captain.

So as jod123 suggested, you would probably do better having a more experienced captain. If you really do think very highly of this young fellow, you could prepare him for the future captaincy by appointing him as vice-captain in the near future, and ease him into the captaincy when he has picked up sufficient experience and respect from his team-mates.

Wasnt Tony Adams Arsenal captain at 19 IRL?

I personally don't chose anyone under the age of 25 if I can help it. Ideally, I look out for players who have been at the club atleast 3 years as a first team regular, have good influence, determination and descisions. But i'm not that sure you need to go that in-depth in your captain selections.

Wasnt Tony Adams Arsenal captain at 19 IRL?

I personally don't chose anyone under the age of 25 if I can help it. Ideally, I look out for players who have been at the club atleast 3 years as a first team regular, have good influence, determination and descisions. But i'm not that sure you need to go that in-depth in your captain selections.

Tony became Arsenal's captain at 21 years of age, after having been a starter for the first team for the previous two seasons.

This is also pretty similar with Cesc as even though he is young of age, he has been an integral part of the first team for a few seasons prior to the appointment.

I have set relatively young players as team captain. Id set myself a rule as I don't set brand new siginings as captains they would have to be extraordinary, to be chosen in all fairness. The team did hate the decision when I chose the young player to be a captain for the team.

The young captain that I had, performed much better with this being his second season for the team. The team eventually forgot about this issue that they had with choices of mone for captain and vice captain. It's not always a bad thing would need to consider who you have playing in the squad in all honestly it can't always work out.

Archived