when you have stand that are closed...

can they be reopened at any point in the season? I'm at Man Utd and they're in league one and due to the state of their finances old trafford now only holds 29552. But now a consortium has taken over and put 80mil into the club so i now have plenty of money, but when it came to pre-season around the usual time i get told about expansions and training improvements theres nothing even though i asked the board in march and they said there were plans afoot.

Have i just been lied to or could the reopening happen at any point?

Yeah its full every week, and i just got promoted to the championship so attendances would be likely to increase. Just going to carry on and see if anything happens next season. Its still a decent size ground for the championship really

Yeah its full every week, and i just got promoted to the championship so attendances would be likely to increase. Just going to carry on and see if anything happens next season. Its still a decent size ground for the championship really

Added incentive to bring them back to the glory days.

The stand can reopen at any time. When it will re-open is usually listed in the stadium information screen. They'll say we're increasing the capacity by 5,000 all-seater and your capacity will be reduced by 10,000 until November 1 for example.

This is how it is when a section is closed due to an expansion, then it will re-open when the expansion is ready.

I think sections of the stadium has been closed to save money for United in the question in the opening post so this is something different. Normally expansions only happen between seasons so just hang in there and it'll probably come once you're back in the PL.

its 2052 now, been on this save since the game first came out. Started at Farsley for 19 seaseons then Baarnsley for 14 years, Queens park for one and dortmund until a season ago

I'd not looked in league one for ages so when i did i was surprised to find them 18th and with huge debts and thought it looked like a good challenge

Going to be annoyed if I can't expand the ground back to what it was

and my facilities are awful too so i want to improve them

Manchester United just got relegated to the Championship in my FM08 Scunthorpe game (2019) which was good fun. The only reason they avoided it the year before was because Sunderland suddenly went into administration in the final weeks of the season and their 9 point deduction sent them down instead. Somehow Manchester United cheated their way out of the same situation - at the start of the last season they were also bankrupt, but hadn't had a 9 point penalty either the previous season or that one...must be favouritism!

Manchester United just got relegated to the Championship in my FM08 Scunthorpe game (2019) which was good fun. The only reason they avoided it the year before was because Sunderland suddenly went into administration in the final weeks of the season and their 9 point deduction sent them down instead. Somehow Manchester United cheated their way out of the same situation - at the start of the last season they were also bankrupt, but hadn't had a 9 point penalty either the previous season or that one...must be favouritism!

Sounds like the general Ferguson "magic".

Is there secret stat for "decisions going in Man Utd's favour"

Archived