Withdrawal Syptomns?

I always have this i cannot go a day without thinking about FM. I am 16 and go to college but cannot concentrate in school sometimes because all i can think of is who my next signing is going to be, how stupid that loss was and i scribble down tactics and just cant get it off my mind?

Please tell me im not the only one? Am i sad :(?

Goals53 I was exactly how you described when i was 16/17, just being introduced to FM, i was starting college.

Spoke about it all day with my mate that got me involved in it, as well as discussing with other friends who played it.

Addicted days they were. Still slightly addictive to day, but not as much as back then.

Goals53 I was exactly how you described when i was 16/17, just being introduced to FM, i was starting college.

Spoke about it all day with my mate that got me involved in it, as well as discussing with other friends who played it.

Addicted days they were. Still slightly addictive to day, but not as much as back then.

Yeah my experience exactly.

Goals53, the same is likely to happen to you. :D

I dont wan't to grow out of it though :( I do enjoy it but sometimes it gets to much. ATM im writing an essay on here and got my QPR game minimised in the corner. Essay is priority but i cant help takiing a look at QPR and trying to sort the squad :/ :p

i think it's called addiction in general, iv always been a bit addicted to computer games all my life, and it's most definately held me back learning, as a kid id always play games instead of wanting to lern any thing...

even now at 35 i look forward to coming home from work to play FM. thats not sad i think it's noraml. if you enjoy somthing you want to do it. however you do need time to do other thing's in life..

Yes, FM is usually constantly on my mind. A couple of weeks ago though I was busy doing other things and didn't play for well over a week and found it much easier to concentrate on things, so I thought perhaps it would be a good idea if I gave it up permenantly for the sake of my studies? But I've slipped back into it and am as bad as ever now. I may have to force myself to give up though for the sake of my masters thesis...

you'll eventually stop. I'm still tempted to purchase a laptop to take to university with me, but then I realise how stupid that sounds. Not playing it, but buying a laptop specifically to play FM. I just know that if I buy a laptop I'd make sure it could play crysis "just in case".

I do find that when i play FM a lot i cant get to sleep at night for some reason. Not because i am thinking about the game but i just cant turn my head off. When i havn't played FM for a while or even just one day i usually get a good nights sleep and do well in school the next day.

I always have this i cannot go a day without thinking about FM. I am 16 and go to college but cannot concentrate in school sometimes because all i can think of is who my next signing is going to be, how stupid that loss was and i scribble down tactics and just cant get it off my mind?

Please tell me im not the only one? Am i sad :(?

No your not sad. The next 20 years or more of your life will incorporate so much and will become far more important than any computer game.

I am 34 and I play so that probably makes me the sadder one but I will say that after 2 kids several mortgages a failed marriage and countless jobs losing myself for a few hours on FM here and there kinda keeps my sanity. Its just a form of entertainment.

I'm 16 also, and when i played FM07, i was so addicted i actually couldn't stop playing it. It was practically the only game i ever seemed to play, and all i ever did when i was in the house. As sad as that may seem, hah.

FM08 i bought, but didn't really touch as it didn't really have the same feel and i had far less time on my hands.

FM09 i have only got one save so far, only starting my third season. But i have been playing it for over 2days play time. I don't play much as i spend time with my friends and girlfriend. And i have exams coming up in May. Ahh.

FM07 i was madly addicted to, i'm just enjoying my time on this game.

Well i think i'm addicted, at work i'm gonna get sponsored by the guys in my office not to mention fm at all during the day. But i do have it on the brain. I just soo badly want to have Braintree hold the Champions League and have a huge stadium with my name on it :D got the tycoon to do it, just time holding my back now.

During my gcse's i did okay but i was addicted, but it was counter strike, trick is have gcse bitsize open in the background and window out of the game :)

flicking back and forwards from CS and that bitesize maths page got me my A in maths lol

Hey, you'll grow out of it eventually. I'm 17 and just entering this addictive phase of my life like jod and liamaldinho. :p

Of course, I learned about FM self-control, although I just can't stop right now because I'm on a winning streak. :p

Haha 16/17 was definately crisis addiction days.

Im not even half as obsessed now as I was back in the day.

Archived