What's the longest you have went?

Nearly 5 months without Football Manager!!

This harsh reality is beginning to settle in. I honestly think in the past 10 years of playing FM and CM that I have never gone longer than 2 weeks (when on holiday) without playing this splendid series.

I am off next Sunday travelling until the end of June, seemed a good idea at the time but wtf am I going to do!? I don't want to bring my laptop with me but the thought had crossed my mind.

Please feel myself inflicted pain :(

What’s the longest you have went without FM/CM? How did you cope?

I hate it when people say "went" when they mean "gone". When did that one start?

Anyway, I often go about two or three weeks without playing. Sometimes I find it hard to feel motivated to play. However, the longest I have gone without it is from 1997 to 2005, when I didn't have a computer that could play CM/FM.

I think I went 6 or 7 months without FM just before FM09 came out. And now I haven't played since the end of December 08. Right now I don't really have the time, especially considering that a season with 10 countries can take up to 20 hours to finish!

Nearly 5 months without Football Manager!!

I am off next Sunday travelling until the end of June, seemed a good idea at the time but wtf am I going to do!? I don't want to bring my laptop with me but the thought had crossed my mind.

Exactly the same as me about a year ago now. Bought FM08 a week before i left, just couldn't help myself! Then was away for 5 months but to be honest i was having too much fun to miss FM. Where are you going travelling?

if you take it travelling, you will ruin your holiday and miss out on too much stuff - leave it at home!

plus, when travelling, your laptop will probably get nicked!!

Totally agree with this, I got my camera and phone stolen on my travels :(

I hate it when people say "went" when they mean "gone". When did that one start?
I think it's a regional language thing.

As addictive as playing games are, if you're worried about going "without" for a long period of time, it may be time to seek rehab.

'Gone is the past participle' of to go and 'Went' is the past tense of to go so perhaps a bit of ambiguity there, am i bovered eh na! :D

No rehab just a passing thought of things/home comforts that I am probably going to miss while I am away.

Exactly the same as me about a year ago now. Bought FM08 a week before i left, just couldn't help myself! Then was away for 5 months but to be honest i was having too much fun to miss FM. Where are you going travelling?

Totally agree with this, I got my camera and phone stolen on my travels :(

Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Thailand and Hong Kong. I keep hearing about ppl being held up in Brazil :(

I don't think I will actually miss it, just a bit of light hearted banter with people who spend a lot of their time talking about the game. Went down like a tonne of bricks, lol!

Archived