Hands On Manager

yeah I don't really do any of that. I don't attend pre match press conferences just the post. That is due to superstition as I never win a game when I do one. maybe I'll start to interact more.

Yeah, im the same, all my attributes are up in the blue, bar Hands On Approach

Hmmmm, I don't manage the reserve team, however I as good as do. My 'Hands on' stats oddly don't grow. They've dropped even.

It is peculiar as the comments left here mean they shall have increased and not dropped. :/ I am not too concerned as this isn't the end of the world. My other stats are fine. Here they are:-

Club/Player Loyalty - 12

Domestic player bias - 20

Financial approach - 20

Hands on approach - 5

Squad discipline - 17

Tactical consistancy - 14

I 98% of the time attend the team talks.

I attend and occasionally choose who to play in the reserve team.

I make media comments to players who demand a better contract or want to play more games.

I ask players to tutor and learn new moves.

I have created specific team tactics, players instructions. I even use opposition instructions.

I don't think stats really matter. Its is mostly down to reputation I believe. Manager stats are more an indication of what type of manager you are, rather than how good of a manager you are.

i think you're right, i have just finished by first full season in the championship. i accidentally set my previous experience to international manager and i keep being linked with every job under the sun, even the real madrid job, now that's just crazy. but according to my caps i have played 101 for scotland.

I know it doesn't really matter but I must admit I'm pretty annoyed that despite : attending every press conference, handling all team talks, taking control of all friendly matches, handling all contract renewals, fiddling with tactics and training and releasing plenty of media comments my HoA is still sitting at about 3.

I know it doesn't really matter but I must admit I'm pretty annoyed that despite : attending every press conference, handling all team talks, taking control of all friendly matches, handling all contract renewals, fiddling with tactics and training and releasing plenty of media comments my HoA is still sitting at about 3.

That's strange as in every game I set up my own training I always have a 20 in "Hands on Approach" after several seasons. I attend the first 15 (or so) press conferences before letting my assistant take over. I only attend conferences before big games after that.

I think it is important to get every player on a different training schedule then "General."

Yeah, snap it does often leave me with a confuddled look on my face when I see that stat goes down and the others going up. Its is "ooh that stats gone up that one has and uh....uh, oh?! :/"

When applying for a job I do doubt the stats have much to do with it more than likely the reputation will be the deciding factor, maybe fininancial control the none exciting stat on the list maybe as a deciding factor, but who knows, who knows?

That's strange as in every game I set up my own training I always have a 20 in "Hands on Approach" after several seasons. I attend the first 15 (or so) press conferences before letting my assistant take over. I only attend conferences before big games after that.

I think it is important to get every player on a different training schedule then "General."

Huh, maybe that's it. I don't have the youth players on training scheduals that might be why. I do have loads of specific training scheduals for the 1st and the reserve teams.

• 2 weeks later...

My hands on approach is 18 and going up. I think this is related to (including all the other factors others have stated above) how often u look at other players profiles, other teams profiles, what u do for tactics, if u change ur training, changing your back room staff, how much u use shortlists, saving notes to the notebook such as when u discipline players, manager interaction, adjusting budgets, using filters for transfer, how many bids u make. I have come to this conclusion because i used to play football manager by being a championship/premiership side, starting as a well known manager and just breezing through the game. Simple, easy. But the last two fms (08-09) i have started unemployed, had to spend much more time looking for bargains, using all possible ways to bring the best out of players (player interaction, training etc) and manage my budgets, (negotiating with contracts). Many of the things that i wouldnt do with a club who had money and you could just make easy decisions. Hope this helps!

My hands on approach is 18, and i still send the assistant to press conferences sometimes. If you are skipping through long periods (days) without doing anything (looking at your players reactions, looking at future opposition etc) then your hands on approach is going to be poor!

Archived