I want my money back!

there are things, which frustrated me, like world class strikers miss tons of 1on1s or an empty goal, or arsenal is unrealisticly overrated and so on.. i accepted it, because nobody can code a perfect simulation.

but what happened a few minutes ago, makes me wanting my money back for fm2009.

champions league semi final vs. barcelona. i'm leading 2-1, everything wents fine until the 91st minute. take a look at this:

View Video

OR

http://rapidshare.com/files/196720596/akinfeev_xvid.avi

WHAT THE HELL? akinfeev is one of the best goalkeepers of this game. his reputation is "world-class" and his morale "superb".

fm_2009-02-11_11-17-37-26.jpg

fm_2009-02-11_11-17-40-43.jpg

he got 19 on "throwing". oh yeah, nice joke SI. please give me my money back.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you buy a car from a dealership, do you go on to the car manufacturer website to request a refund?

You return it from where you bought it, you need to contact the shop/steam.

And steam doesn't give refunds, you have accepted this when you signed up with them.

ZeuS0r I understand your frustration, but **** happens IRL. Remember the first goal Turkey scored against Crotai. Check the second goal in below link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8nGIetfWvE

Chech should have easily hold the ball. I know in your game it is a bigger mistake what Akinfeev did, but these things could happen.

It happened to me as well with Oscar. But these things could happen.

To be honest, how many game stores would take any game back because you installed it and didn't like it?

In Holland, NONE

As The Eagle mentioned, how hard it is for you game, these things do happen (very often as well) around the world of football.\

Not much you can do about it. It did and will happen to me also, but something it happens in favor of me.

This happened to me as well. I was 1-0 up away at FC Kobenhavn (or however you spell it) and my keeper ran past the ball and they scored an open goal. I ended up losing 2-1 and I was fuming for about a week. Such an obvious bug, amazing they haven't sorted it really.

HA HA HA this has happened to everyone just chill out its just a game.

These things do happen

In FM they do, alarmingly often. IRL they are non-existent at the top level.

Akinfeev didn't even react when he dropped the ball, which wouldn't even be good enough for Accrington Stanley.

EDIT: Also note that he was under NO pressure whatsoever. Complete nonsense.

In FM they do, alarmingly often. IRL they are non-existent at the top level.

Akinfeev didn't even react when he dropped the ball, which wouldn't even be good enough for Accrington Stanley.

EDIT: Also note that he was under NO pressure whatsoever. Complete nonsense.

Paul Robinson...

It happens sometimes, and as you're not coming on here twice an hour complaining about something like this, it's obvious that it doesn't happen alarmingly often.

In 8 seasons I've seen it happen a grand total of once!

Paul Robinson...

It happens sometimes, and as you're not coming on here twice an hour complaining about something like this, it's obvious that it doesn't happen alarmingly often.

In 8 seasons I've seen it happen a grand total of once!

I'm only saying what I see from other users.

I wouldn't come on here twice an hour to complain anyway. I'm far too :cool: for that.

EDIT: Robinson is the exception :D

Pretty sucky bug though, claiming this happens irl is pretty stupid. It reminds me of some of the old fifa bugs, at least with those you had to run infront of the opponent GK, this is just plain silly.

Nevertheless, as some say, it should even out happening to AI also, not that it justifies sloppy QA from Si, but still.

Another thing since we're all playing tough-guy-internet-lawyers. If a game is so broken due to bugs that it is virtually unplayable yes you can get your money back, has happened before, as pointed out you go to the shop though, not some forum o.O

FM09 is not that bad though, despite some pretty awfull bugs that QA should've weeded out, **** happens, like when eve-o patch nuked some peoples ini.exe :p

Mistakes happen to everyone; and it is not fair to say that these kind of mistakes by goalkeeper happen only once or twice every other year; because if we add the thousands of players playing FM, by dozens of games per day, you have this; it happens fairly often. It's just a matter of statistics.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in real life to several "great" goalkeepers. It happens, but rarely. I have a feeling that if you continue to play through your save, it will hardly ever happen again.

Alternatively, you could check his personal instructions. Have you got him on high Creative Freedom?

These things happen in football. Open goals get missed. Keppers drop and fumble them in or gift the opposition goals.

I just hope you not a WBA or spurs fan, Don't think Carson or Gomes come with a patch;)

Back in 70's. former Yugoslav GK that was playing for Chelsea, accidentally dropped his cap into his goal. He walked in to pick it up, though he forgot that he has the ball in his hands .

It would be funny to see reactions,if something like that happens in FM.

pnefc22 & wee aja, i think that guy was trying to say owned. but he pressed the p so it said pwned

Pwned is used in online shooters too. :)

Unlike the other people who have posted definitions that are ridiculous, do not have substantial backing, or are simply mis-informed, I will give the complete definition of what "pwned" means.

1. The origins of "pwned" are debated but there are two possible sources:

a. A prominent quake player mis spelled "owned" and the new word "pwned" was adopted by people who thought it was "1337".

b. A warcraft map designer misspelled "owned" and thus people started using "pwned" instead.

The definitions are as follows:

In video games:

1. Completely annihilated or dominated.

2. Perfectly owned, meaning the other player did not do any damage.

RE: Your keeper, things happen, chill out, Robinson vs Croatia, Enkleman vs Birmingham City, just a couple of blunders when under no pressure. At the end of the day these sort of things happen, and the fact your demanding your money back after your keeper made a mistake is just hilarious. It happens dude, just one of those things.

These things happen in football. Open goals get missed. Keppers drop and fumble them in or gift the opposition goals.

I just hope you not a WBA or spurs fan, Don't think Carson or Gomes come with a patch;)

Or a Blackburn fan. That said, Robinson did not have that many howlers now.

Wants his money back because his keeper made a mistake....next please.

Seriously people need to calm down a little...

If it had been the other way around...he was 2-1 down, came back to 2-2 and their keeper made a mistake...would be seeing a thread like this? No.

And steam doesn't give refunds, you have accepted this when you signed up with them.
If you buy a car from a dealership, do you go on to the car manufacturer website to request a refund?

You return it from where you bought it, you need to contact the shop/steam.

These two quotes killed this thread. No need for it to be open anymore.

Wants his money back because his keeper made a mistake....next please.

Seriously people need to calm down a little...

If it had been the other way around...he was 2-1 down, came back to 2-2 and their keeper made a mistake...would be seeing a thread like this? No.

To be fair, it's not the fact that it's a mistake but the sort of mistake given the keeper's stats that seems to be what the OP finds especially annoying.

Personally, I find silly player behaviour in the ME aggravating whether it's in my favour or not.

Personally, I find silly player behaviour in the ME aggravating whether it's in my favour or not.

Aggravating, but hopefully you realise that all mistakes are not actually mistakes and may be the players fault, rather than the ME. The OP doens't seem to understand the difference, or accept that players can make mistakes.

Archived