Strange low ratings

I've noticed during the many seasons I've played with my Barcelona team so far, that midfielders (MC, DMC, AMC) and attackers (SC, FC) all have consistently low ratings during matches.

It is not unusual to see average ratings of 6.20 during a season, even for World Class players that have performed quite well during matches through the season.

A midfielder like Xavi that, during a match, has 92 passes, with 88 completed, an assist and a good number of tackles and so forth. How can he end the match, which ended with a clear victory, with a rating of 6.44?

It is as if all centrally placed players, except the defenders, all tend to get low ratings despite playing well. For a long time, I sold a lot of players due to consistently low ratings, until I started looking at their match stats instead of their match ratings and discovered that they actually DO play well, despite the low rating.

Could this not be fixed in a small hotfix or something please?

The only issue at the moment really is that there is a bug for attack minded central midfield players, and small strikers that don't win many headers. The issue has been logged and is under review.

I would define my observation as an issue as well.

A player that plays well, should be given a rating accordingly. As it is now, a whole group of players are rated below their performances constantly, which cannot be the point.

Don't see how you can claim that the AMC/ striker thing is the ONLY issue atm.

I would define my observation as an issue as well.

A player that plays well, should be given a rating accordingly. As it is now, a whole group of players are rated below their performances constantly, which cannot be the point.

Don't see how you can claim that the AMC/ striker thing is the ONLY issue atm.

I assume you're on 9.2?

I say it's the ONLY issue, because nobody else in the past 2 months has raised anything with any real evidence to suggest that other positions are affected.

If you feel it's a bug, then log it in the bugs forum with some screenshots.

Comparing my 2 MCs there will always be one with crap ratings. No matter how his stats are. But there is always one. Thought maybe it was down to the quality of the player.

Thought it was quite funny since i took a crap team and overachieved with them, big time.

His position was MC but he's listed as a DM/MC. When i've been looking at his stats, he wasn't playing that bad, if not better than the other MC. So i find it kind of interesting to see that his rating is worse than the other MC.

He has mixed forward runs and his mentality is mixed (middle both of them). I started out with one being more attacking and the other one (the bad one) being more defensive in his approach, but that just made things worse for me.

Been playing a few more friendlies with the new guy and so far he's doing better. But in pre-season they all play like gods for me, compared to the season itself. It's like they're getting a panick-attack every time the season starts. It's been like that with most teams i've played with :p

But it could just be that the guy was crap, although the matchstats for him shows different.

EDIT: PS! Congrats with your 4000th post CaptainPlanet :D

I assume you're on 9.2?

I say it's the ONLY issue, because nobody else in the past 2 months has raised anything with any real evidence to suggest that other positions are affected.

If you feel it's a bug, then log it in the bugs forum with some screenshots.

This isn't some kind of e-stalk, I've just wandered in here and by chance, yes, you're acting as though you're some kind official spokesman again. I'd be cringing at the 'I say it's the ONLY issue' line.

Why is this exactly? I'm fairly sure that your answer is wrong, but regardless, do everyone a favour and allow people to post without your version of what SI is doing or thinking. If they have something to say, then they should, but until then, we don't need the official CaptainPlanet line.

This isn't some kind of e-stalk, I've just wandered in here and by chance, yes, you're acting as though you're some kind official spokesman again. I'd be cringing at the 'I say it's the ONLY issue' line.

Why is this exactly? I'm fairly sure that your answer is wrong, but regardless, do everyone a favour and allow people to post without your version of what SI is doing or thinking. If they have something to say, then they should, but until then, we don't need the official CaptainPlanet line.

Is there a real need for this comment?

You may not agree with his 'tone of voice', but ultimately what he suggested, was for the OP to post in the Bugs forums if he thinks that he encountered an issue serious enough for SI to have a look at.

Really, there is nothing 'pseudo-official' about that, is there? It seems innocuous enough. Where is the "your version of what SI is doing or thinking" bit in his post?

Really, there is nothing 'pseudo-official' about that, is there? It seems innocuous enough. Where is the "your version of what SI is doing or thinking" bit in his post?
The only issue at the moment really is that there is a bug for attack minded central midfield players, and small strikers that don't win many headers. The issue has been logged and is under review.

Happy to help.

I have no problem with people answering questions, but if you look at the OP's response, I wouldn't say that CaptainPlanet's initial response was anything except a stonewall generic SI reply.

Happy to help.

I have no problem with people answering questions, but if you look at the OP's response, I wouldn't say that CaptainPlanet's initial response was anything except a stonewall generic SI reply.

I guess it would have been more appropriate for him to have added that it is "his observations" that the only issue regarding a rating bug would be that of the AMC as there have been little or no complaints of other positions. It is possible that he left it out subconsciously, rather than out of the intention of masquerading himself as an SI representative.

As for the issue being logged and under review, that is fact since the AMC rating issue has already been reported in the bugs forum many times and SI representatives have indeed acknowledged it.

It isn't just AMC's though, that's what I'm getting at. It's any midfielder who plays in the MC position, regardless of mentality, attributes, or trained positions.

I think there were reports of that as well floating around here in GD the past month or so. Perhaps people might have posted this issue (it being more widespread than just AMCs) in the Bugs forums too?

I do not know for sure, as I have not noticed any issues with my MCs' ratings and so have not really checked the Bugs forums for updates.

But again, it brings me to point out the overall message CaptainPlanet was trying to drive across. He was not denying that people are experiencing issues with the discrepancy in actual performance and ratings regardless of position. He was providing his observation of the trend of rating complaints thus far and pointing out the correct avenue to take if the OP felt his issue was a newly discovered one. Hence, "If you feel it's a bug, then log it in the bugs forum with some screenshots."

On another note, we have kind of taken this thread away from the original subject matter, so I guess we should leave it as it is? Perhaps CaptainPlanet might have been too hasty in the wording of his post, but one should not assume he is trying to pass himself off as a SI representative or being a 'forum police' as your initial comments made him out to be.

do everyone a favour and allow people to post without your version of what SI is doing or thinking. If they have something to say, then they should, but until then, we don't need the official CaptainPlanet line.

Just a quick point in the direction of the forum rules:

Abuse

Do not flame/belittle/abuse other members. Ignore posts you do not like instead of responding in an inflammatory manner.

It isn't just AMC's though, that's what I'm getting at. It's any midfielder who plays in the MC position, regardless of mentality, attributes, or trained positions.

You were getting at something? :confused: I thought you were just being arsey for arseys sake.

Archived