Here's a suggestion

How about a difficulty setting so people can play at their own level? It can't be that difficult to do surely.

Something like...

- Easy - Normal - Hard - Very Hard - FM09 Hard!-

Put the difficulty setting on screen so nobody can cheat with screenshots. Difficult to believe people are sad enough to do this but

It would keep the part-timers interested because I haven't the time to study every single detail of the opposition, not to mention my own players, the weather, the moral etc.

(I know everyone says this but i've played CM/FM since day 1 (CM1) and frankly i've had enough)

There's already a degree of difficulty setting. You can play as a big team or a little team; you can delegate your assistant to do team talks, you can scout out players or you can use the player search and you can even go so far as to let your assistant pick the team and tactics.

You can use the database to make the game easier by giving yourself more money.

Difficulty settings have been discussed time and time again and it usually ends up with more people saying 'no thanks'.

I don't really think it is a game where you can set difficulty levels because the world of football management is pretty much the all over. It's maybe a little less demanding to manage a club with all the money in the world over a club with £200 to share out in wages, but how would you set a scale to that.

Actually, you believe it can't be that hard to set difficulty levels, so how would you do it?

You can't have realism and a difficulty level, not in the sense of other games where you set easy, medium or hard. It just doesn't work with FM. The difficulty level should be related to the quality of the AI manager and the country/league you are managing in i.e. I should expect two very different levels of difficultly when playing matches against Kevin Keegan and Alex Ferguson. As is the AI for both is pretty much the same and only governed by the quality of their teams - both would resort to a 4-2-4 if I was winning the match come the 80th minute.

There is no variation between AI managers, this is especially problematic in regard to their quality/difficulty. Getting this right would really make a difference in the game.

Archived