killing the game off.

I hate being 2-0 up at half time as most times when this happens i mostly still end up winning but i am no where near as dominant as i was in the first half. I think something has changed from FM 08 team talks as i had them worked out no matter what score i was at. The only thing i can think of is that the AI give their team a real roasting at half time and they come out and grab that quick goal (within 15mins) of restart and changes the game completely. No matter what tactic i use they usually penetrate my defence somehow. So being 1-0 up is better for me as i normally go on to win by 2 or 3 comfortably.

Anybody tell me how i could kill the game off after going 2-0 or 3-0 up?

i've lost count of how many times i've been leading 2-0 and end up losing 3-2, very VERY frustrating

happens to me although not as bad

im 4or5 up at half time:D then i come out and cant score:o

i've lost count of how many times i've been leading 2-0 and end up losing 3-2, very VERY frustrating

IRL, if a team goes in 2 down at halftime the manager will more than likely give them a rollicking and make a couple of tactical alterations. You need to keep an eye on this and adapt your system and style to deal with it.

if i'm up 2-0 by about 60minutes i'll take a striker off and put a DM on. switching from a 442 to a 4141 formation. i might even stop my wingers from making alot of forward runs as well.

If you mean in the last 10-15mins:

1. pause the game.

2. tweak your tactic.

I use the default 4-5-1 defensive, then tweak the pace to "slow", stop using a target man, time waste often and tick "counter attack". Also look at opposition instructions, especially when they go 4-2-4, and follow your ass-man's advice (if he's any good of course).

If you mean at half-time:

Can't help. Depends on who you are playing against and who your team is. If I've played attacking in the first half I'll play normal second at a slow pace, short-passing, counter-attack ticked. Usually. But like I said, it all depends on too many things. Weather is also a big influence - slow paced, short passing at half time will be worse than doing nothing in the wet.

if i go 2, 3: nil up and they start to pick up the pace i usally change to a 4-5-1 r 4-1-4-1 and be a bit more defensive and slower tempo.

then when they go 4-2-4 i put 5 at back 5-4-1

has'nt failed me yet

Archived