Serious Viral Infection!

Was Coming Up To The End Of Pre Season Thinking I Had Finally Avoided A Major Injury, Then All Of A Sudden My Physio Tells Me James Vaughan Has Picked Up A Serious Viral Infection. I Thought Nothing Of It And Skimmed Over The Message. Then Just Before My First League Game I Checked The Status Of Vaughan's Injury And Was A Bit Surprised To See That The Serious Viral Condition Would See Him Out Of Action For At Least 8 Months. Has Anyone Ever Seen This Before? Anyone Hazard A Guess At What This Virus Might Be? Lol. My First Thought Was Malaria!

Scotland....Dundee Utd.

If A Small Thing Like That Annoys You Then You Have Bigger Issues To Worry About Other Than The Way I Type!

P.S Stop Copying Me If It's So Annoying!

Relax, mate. I'm just wondering why you write like that. It's not that I care about your grammar or anything, but you're making your messages more difficult to read for no apparent reason.

I copied you to prove my point.

Could be anything though. AIDS wouldn't keep you from playing for 8 months tho... its not like you sneeze and other people can catch it lol.

I'm pretty sure that if you had AIDS you'd be out permanently. Nothing to do with how contagious it is but down to how ill it makes you feel, the amount of treatment you need and how much it wrecks your immune system.

The only problem with this "injury" I see is that it should not give a timeline to it, for example it should say Dave Davidsen has contracted a series viral infection, doctors say he may be out of action for at least 2 months but possibly much longer.

Relax, mate. I'm just wondering why you write like that. It's not that I care about your grammar or anything, but you're making your messages more difficult to read for no apparent reason.

I copied you to prove my point.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

But Writing With Every Word Capitalised Does Make It Very Hard To Read Because We Are So Used To Seeing The First Letter Of Each Word In Lower Case.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

But Writing With Every Word Capitalised Does Make It Very Hard To Read Because We Are So Used To Seeing The First Letter Of Each Word In Lower Case.

That must have taken a while.

Good point though, no idea why the OP writes like that - can you set up your browser to do that? Otherwise it must be very time-consuming.

As for the virus, might be something like what Markus Babbel had when at Liverpool. (someone really clever will tell us after they search Google, which I can't be bothered to do!) :D

Just A Message To Everyone's Over Obsession On The Way I Type, It's A Habit!

Its obviously not a good habit. Your either,

A) Thirteen

B) Singaporean

C) Both

ThEn AgAiN, C3rTaIn SiNgApOrEaNs dO tYpE lyKe tHiS aS w3lL, such is the intelligence level of my countrymen.

Hmmm? Nah! And Why Is It Such A Bad Habit? Who Is It Harming!?

It's not harming anyone, but it's not the way that the English language is supposed to be written. Are you aware that it's grammatically incorrect? Or are you just being 'individual'? Either way, I'd suggest that you change to the way text is supposed to be written.

Considering everyone is having a dig at the grammatical ability of yNnOs, I think I'll wade in and add a little for the question. Things like Malaria and 'flesh eating bacteria' (fasciitis necroticans - many bacteria can cause this) are not viral (malaria is a protozoa and flesh eating bacteria - well - bacteria). AIDS of course is a syndrome, and by this stage of the HIV infection it would indeed be virually impossible to play.. although it is wholly impossible to play with HIV in its early stages, maybe a just a little ill advised (likely not to be 'good' AIDS either!). Meningitis again is more of a effect - swelling of the meninges caused by the paramyxovirus, mumps virus (i forgot the genus - maybe rubelavirus?).

West nile (or other nasty flaviviridae i.e. dengue and yellow fever) is a good guess maybe Epstein Barr virus - causing, yes the 'kissing disease' glandular fever - seems suitable considering the 'footballers nightlife'. May well be something Hepatitis B or even shingles (Herpes Zoster if anyone hasn't fallen asleep) although the latter should only last months. Hell there are loads of viruses it could be (maybe not ebola considering the ridiculously high mortality rate).

Before too many complaints to the dull post, I have to say that I'm still on topic ;)

You.

Simply, do you want people to bother reading your posts or not? Your habit makes your posts harder to read, so people will skip over them. Same with text style posters. Their posts remain unread and their persons assumed to be idiots, because they will not take the simple step of making their posts comprehensible.

When you post on a message board, you're attempting to communicate with strangers who will probably not be used to your quirks. The content of your posts will be ignored as they're unnecessarily harder to read.

You might have the greatest idea for the game ever, but because of your posting style, it'll be ignored. You might have a question and the person best suited to answer will not, because of your posting style. The only person harmed is yourself, and it's self inflicted.

It's also simple manners and etiquette to not make reading your posts a chore.

As well as yourself (as mentioned above) your hurting the forum rules, which clearly states that you must write in a way that is legible for everyone!

Also im short sighted, its bad enough i have to squint when i cant be assed to go and get my glasses, but i dont know how to adjust my eyes to read your posting, i had to gain an idea as to what this thread was about by reading replies.

Your hurting peoples eyes.

Opticians are hunting you down

Watch your back

• 5 months later...
As well as yourself (as mentioned above) you're hurting the forum rules, which clearly states that you must write in a way that is legible for everyone!

Also I'm short sighted, it's bad enough I have to squint when I can't be assed to go and get my glasses, but I don't know how to adjust my eyes to read your posting, I had to gain an idea as to what this thread was about by reading replies.

You're hurting people's eyes.

Opticians are hunting you down.

Watch your back!

Fixed that for you. I agree with your points but if you are commenting on someone's grammar you'd best not make a mess of it yourself ;)

Its obviously not a good habit. Your either,

A) Thirteen

B) Singaporean

C) Both

ThEn AgAiN, C3rTaIn SiNgApOrEaNs dO tYpE lyKe tHiS aS w3lL, such is the intelligence level of my countrymen.

I must prove the exception to the rule. I always type in full, complete, comprehensible sentences.

:D

Archived