Super chairman mode

...which I have just invented. I'm getting a little bored on my current FM08 game, so to spice things up I've decided to grab the executioners axe myself and start swinging like mad. I've just dismissed 13 managers across 6 leagues for their poor performance (it's January). The game never sacks managers, one had a 17 games without a win run going and was still not in any danger - not any more he isn't! If you're wondering how I'm doing this, I'm using the editor to alter their contract end dates to the current date so they don't get a renewal, I may edit the clubs finances too though some perhaps you could think of as resignations. Sure it's not in the game but it's more realistic this way and I'm getting sick of the same cannon fodder clubs all the time, managers get sacked for nothing these days, I'm sure Steve bruce would be sacked for taking Man Yoo to 16th. Also it seems to be tremendous fun, though maybe I have a bit of a god complex...

Things have become more interesting already, no sooner had I sacked o'Neil from Villa than Man Yoo snapped him up to replace Bruce. Also Livorno have brought in Capello which should make them a little more interesting to play now. Methinks I'll make this a regularly monthly hunt, I have Sammy Lee in my sights for now...

Things have become more interesting already, no sooner had I sacked o'Neil from Villa than Man Yoo snapped him up to replace Bruce. Also Livorno have brought in Capello which should make them a little more interesting to play now. Methinks I'll make this a regularly monthly hunt, I have Sammy Lee in my sights for now...

I thought the england job is capello's last job in the game? I read that he dont join any other clubs but he retires after he resigns from/loses the england job. unless you edited that as well

This is certainly an area we wish to improve in the future and we agree that it doesn't happen as often as it should within the game.

I would imagine it is a very tricky area to code though?

Too much the other way and we will be getting the sack for a run of bad results which wouldnt really be fair now would it :D

steve_j10 - Not sure he would have said that by the time the final 08 patch came out and again I would imagine its hard to code but Im not a programmer!

Too much the other way and we will be getting the sack for a run of bad results which wouldnt really be fair now would it :D

steve_j10 - Not sure he would have said that by the time the final 08 patch came out and again I would imagine its hard to code but Im not a programmer!

Oh i do apologise! I missed out the 08 part in the OP, i thought he was talking about 09, for the millionth time, i make an ass of myself on these forums.

I could understand it if it was too much the other way, this would be more realistic than it is now as nowadays the average reign for a manager must be about 5 months. But for the chairman to be ultra patient is silly really, I've seen some managers survive some truly horrendous runs, like last season someone lasted 25+ matches despite picking up a measly 3 points all season! I mean c'mon!

This really has added an extra edge to my game now, I'm checking the other clubs to see who they get in as replacements all the time, and I'm trying to get through my matches as quickly as possible so I can off a few more!

Sackings seem a bit too few and far between on 09 as well, Hughes has done nothing with Man City other than one euro cup win and its now 2017. Guardiola has only just been sacked by Arsenal after 4 years of being in charge of what was a europe/domestic dominating side with not a single trophy during that time.

Sackings seem a bit too few and far between on 09 as well, Hughes has done nothing with Man City other than one euro cup win and its now 2017. Guardiola has only just been sacked by Arsenal after 4 years of being in charge of what was a europe/domestic dominating side with not a single trophy during that time.

Wenger as not won anything in four years and looks like he might be in the UEFA cup next season, I don't think he will get sacked.

Wenger as not won anything in four years and looks like he might be in the UEFA cup next season, I don't think he will get sacked.

Wenger has achieved a lot already though, he has won numerous titles shown he can do it and given the time could do it again (although I actually doubt that) Guardiola on this save has achieved nothing with Arsenal and had already had them finish outside the big 4 twice and was suffering quite embarrassing results regularly against poor teams. Also don't forget this is after a spell where Arsenal had 3 consecutive trebles of major trophies, I didn't keep an eye on the other trophies like charity shield, world club championship etc.

I'm using the editor to alter their contract end dates to the current date so they don't get a renewal, I may edit the clubs finances too though some perhaps you could think of as resignations.
How do you do these sackings then

See the above

well i dont think managers in Fm resemble there true worth IRL..

i ran tests, i sacked all the big 4 manager and gave them small clubs to manage, then i gave fringe managers from the Championship the top 4 jobs, top 4 always finished top 4 and the now big 4 managers did no better than there previous managers at the smaller club.

So i conclude that teams are only as good as there player strength and not because they have a good manager.

Archived