FM08 or FM09?

I can't decide whether to get FM09 or to stick with FM08 so can you guys fill out this for and against form so I can decide? Thank You.

(put reasons to buy it by the bullet points)

FM09

For

Against

FM08

For

Against

Thank You For Taking Part.

haven't tried the FM09... but I had one of my longest (if not the longest career, as AC Milan manager) on FM08... had some great youth talents... Pirlo was like the best player I've ever trained since I started playin CM/FM... etc...

...once you get into the FM08, it can be a lot of fun... but then again, there are some bugs and the unfinished features that only ruin the game... but from what I can see on the forum, I bet 08 is better than 09.

...also, now I'm trying to get back into the FM07 and see (remind myself) what the fuss is all about on this game... all I can remember from it was that I had a great career at Newcastle, turned down Liverpool and it's very important to have a good Target-man (Luca Toni or Iaquinta)...

Football Manager 2008

For

No DRM

Great game to play

Quick loading times

Against

Data out of date

Players decline to quickly

Regens aren't great

Football Manager 2009

For

Latest data

3D Match Engine

Media Interaction

Assistant Help

Against

DRM - If this wasn't included this year I'd have bought the game, as it is, my judgement is purely made from playing the demo

3D Match Engine - Not the best, and 3 years working on this?!

Media Interaction - Too repetitive

Too many injuries, even in the patched demo I get too many injuries.

I'm sticking with FM08 for now, I have a great game going on where I'm 13 seasons in and have taken Gillingham from League Two to the Premiership, been playing the same save since the 3rd of January!

Football Manager 2008

For

No DRM

Great game to play

Quick loading times

Against

Data out of date

Players decline to quickly

Regens aren't great

Football Manager 2009

For

Latest data

3D Match Engine

Media Interaction

Assistant Help

Against

DRM - If this wasn't included this year I'd have bought the game, as it is, my judgement is purely made from playing the demo

3D Match Engine - Not the best, and 3 years working on this?!

Media Interaction - Too repetitive

Too many injuries, even in the patched demo I get too many injuries.

I'm sticking with FM08 for now, I have a great game going on where I'm 13 seasons in and have taken Gillingham from League Two to the Premiership, been playing the same save since the 3rd of January!

If you are basing your arguement on the demo then whats the point? the new patches have changed it a lot. The DRM wont be a problem now i shouldnt think. granted it was a pain on release day

id go with fm09 mate. or fm07. just skip 08. IMO 09 is a really enjoyabl, rewarding game, with some bugs that are certainly not game-breakers! (despite some peoples over-statements)

If you are basing your arguement on the demo then whats the point? the new patches have changed it a lot. The DRM wont be a problem now i shouldnt think. granted it was a pain on release day

id go with fm09 mate. or fm07. just skip 08. IMO 09 is a really enjoyabl, rewarding game, with some bugs that are certainly not game-breakers! (despite some peoples over-statements)

Funnily enough, I can't afford it atm :p, I'm waiting for it to come down in price a bit more then I may consider buying it.

Archived