New Leagues when??

It seems like 3 or 4 years without any new Leagues... it's getting boring...

the South American leagues that many people would want to play should be included, have been waiting forever to get hold of Libertad (Paraguay), Bolivar (Bolivia) and LDU Quito (Ecuador)

and the research is made, since when we choose load all players from those countries lots of lower league teams have full squads, so it's just a question of putting up the league system, it's not that hard...

As long as the leagues are continued with the research and then it should be fine.

Can i ask, how do you become a researcher, is it payed for, how is the research carried out, do they literally watch training sessions and youth and reserve games for weeks?

The researchers work voluntarily. Have a look in the data issues forum on here. That is where they post regularly especially when somebody has a query over incorrect data in the game or whatever.

Am sure it's licensing problems thats why new leagues have not been added. But maybe am wrong on that.

I don't think it's to do with licensing. It's connected to the availability of research. But also, SI have stated that they believe that there are enough leagues in the game as it is.

The fact is though that there are several countries such as the remaining south american ones, such as baltic nations, balkan nations, cyprus, north african nations where the players are known about and well researched. It can't be that hard for them to put in a new league for the clubs to play in, I know they have bugs every year about one league or another but there are only so many league structures. Its not like creating a totally new dynamic like they would have had to for MLS.

The leagues lack variation.

There should be more options for Africa i think. There's only South Africa which to me is unappealing. Having a north African league like Egypt and a west African league would be worthwhile in my opinion.

And some of the South American leagues like the OP mentioned.

I'm not too fussed. I just remember when there were only 3 or 4 leagues, this is great. I dount there's much call for too many people to play those leagues any way, and like someone above posted, I only play a small percentage of the leagues available currently.

Archived