Nurturing ronaldinho back to his best?

At the start of my 3rd season as man City, I've brought in Ronaldinho for £20million. (ridiculous I know but not when you spend 114m on Clichy!)

Anyway his technical ability is all still there but his acceleration and pace are down at 14. I know he's now 30 but is it worth me messing with his training to put more emphasis on his physical attributes?

i wouldn bother mate, face it he is getting old, and 20 mill is pretty stupid considering you might only be useful for a couple of seasons, im not sure though. if you looked at roberto carlos in the first season he was 35, but his physical attributes were awesome for his age, no doubt he kept those attributes by maintaining them but im not sure about ronaldinho, all i can say is 20mill??????????????????????????? Why? Just Why?

I guess he was just an unwise purchase. I don't want to turn into the new Real Madrid - a pension fund for famous underachievers. By the way, can someone please explain how to add printscreens to posts? Its a useful thing to know and I feel I need to prove my transfer ;)

me also, it says im not allowed to post attachments? why not?

I signed Ronaldinho at 31 for 1m lol, he'd fallen out of favour at AC milan who sold him to me quite cheaply. But Ronaldinho declined very quickly for me, but he did have a few injuries, all I know is by the time he was nearing 33 he was way beyond it. Even my asst manager didn't play him for the reserves by this point and there was no one special in contention there.

A slow lumbering run down an exposed right wing, four huge stepovers which knock the ball so far away it takes him 3 seconds to get it back, and a cross driven low and hard to the back post, and... yes! Roaldinho just slotted in his first assist, less than inspiring and its December 1st. Oh dear oh dear.

Get him some coffee before the match? you spent 20 million on him why not buy him coffee for life!

Na I'm 2 poinjts clear at the top at Xmas without him so i'll save the money! Between him and Ribery I have £50m of new talent warming my bench every week. Sigh. Only at Eastlands...

I challenge you to buy Wayne Rooney, that will set you back 300 mill at least. bet you cant do it, and provide screenshots if you do

For those intrigued by my outrageous spending power, Operation Rooney started strangely. I just declared my interest in mid-January, fully expecting him to say "look elsewhere", but instead he said I would have to come up with an offer that was too good to turn down.... game on then ;)

Hey man i want some credit if you land him! If it wasnt for me you wouldn't have even targeted him!

Robinho and Rooney upfront, R&R, Awesome!:D

Robinho may well be going to finance the deal. Hes having a shocking season. I have Bojan and Ched Evans (both about 21) leading the line, although Owen, Martins and Robinho provide adequate cover....

Fair dos, though personally i would get rid of Owen!

how did you manage get ronaldinho to sign? half way through my second season he declined £135k p/w, £5m signing on fee, £14k p/g and 13k goal bonus. infact so have iniesta, xavi, nasri, messi, kaka and casillas. (yes im city!) is there no way to make the highest possible weekly wage higher from £135k?

how did you manage get ronaldinho to sign? half way through my second season he declined £135k p/w, £5m signing on fee, £14k p/g and 13k goal bonus. infact so have iniesta, xavi, nasri, messi, kaka and casillas. (yes im city!) is there no way to make the highest possible weekly wage higher from £135k?

it used to work ofering 100k & a 1year contract. but when you sign them you just offer them another longer contract.

I agree that 20 million for Ronaldinho in the crazy world of FM isn't that bad. The transfer system is so out of control that the world recored will get broken over and over within a few seasons. If you are stinking rich, then spend it, this games isn't all about realism at the end of the day, it's really fantasy.

If I had a huge budget, I wouldn't really care how much it cost to buy a player I really want. Ronaldo cost me 100 million on FM08. I was Barcelona and had plenty left over.

That's the fun of going the really big clubs, the budgets are just out of this world.

I`m in my 5th season at Man Utd and have sold off alot of decent players and made a lot of cash in the process and signed young promising talent. It all started to come together in my 3rd season and now in my 5th, i have a transfer budget of around £250m and haven`t spent more than 5m in 2 yrs :).

After reading this thread i am determined to sign Torres from the pool. He has scored over 30 goals per season from the start but i know it will cost me a ton of dough but i might aswell spend it on someone as i have the near perfect squad for the next 7 or so years as most are around 23 years old and i wouldn`t need to spend much in the future.

As i said, i have been motivated to sign him by this thread.

This has kinda become a thread to keep up to date with my game and Im excited so here's an update. Its mid-March, I've just turned down the chance to succeed Scolari at Chelsea, and i'm on for the treble!

- FA Cup Semi against Arsenal

- Five points clear in the league with 9 games to go

- Inter in the CL quarter finals. (I lost the home leg 1-0 to Madrid and beat them 2-0 away!)

Its shaping up very well at a key time. Even Ronaldinho is scoring lol. And it looks like I'm the dominant force in Manchester... Rooney won't be able to resist ;)

This has kinda become a thread to keep up to date with my game and Im excited so here's an update. Its mid-March, I've just turned down the chance to succeed Scolari at Chelsea, and i'm on for the treble!

- FA Cup Semi against Arsenal

- Five points clear in the league with 9 games to go

- Inter in the CL quarter finals. (I lost the home leg 1-0 to Madrid and beat them 2-0 away!)

Its shaping up very well at a key time. Even Ronaldinho is scoring lol. And it looks like I'm the dominant force in Manchester... Rooney won't be able to resist ;)

I should create challenges for players that would be difficult to sign!

After rooney, Try and prise Messi away from Barcalona, then Casillas from Madrid, Gerrard from liverpool, Lampard from chelsea, Fabregas from arsenal.

Sign them all and add up the total cost, thats a team i would pay billions for:thup:

i got a 60m plus robinho offer accepted for messi but like ronaldinho he refused my highest offer i could do:(

The problem is, although you have the money, they still dont see your club as big enough, as lets face it, man city have not won anything, the last time they did, Jesus walked into PaddyPower and put a bet on them:D

You have to seriously raise the clubs stature if you want ever want these players!

Champions league football, title challenges, thats what they will want!:thup:

Archived