When should I get a new assistant manager?

if you go onto the staff search screen you will find some unemployed world class ass mans, i forget their names but they are usually italian, if not go to the spanish teams and look at the youth coaches, they have awesome attributes and would be great ass mans, madrid or barca are the best teams to find these

Does language make a difference here? I try to avoid people who don't speak English for my staff because I assumed that would be a disadvantage.

it doesnt make a difference for me, after a few months they learn english anyway. but its worth a gamble because bringing world class staff to the team raises the club profile and expands the knowledge of the world, as well as improved training and ass man team talks will be more effective

What kind of stats are the most important for an assistant? I usually just use the position to sneak an extra coach into my club.

I look for man management, determination, motivation, discipline, and adaptability. Judging player ability and potential are helpful as well. If you have a small staff it may be a different story, as you'll need him to have good attributes linked to specific training activities. For larger clubs, the stats not connected to training are good.

Two words for you, Nick Theslof. Take a look at him, 20 adaptability, 20 determination, 20 player evaluations, 20 motivating, 10 discipline, 18-20 man management, and 13-16 tactical knowledge. His stats vary slightly from game to game, but they're usually very close to what I've written.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived