Violence

I reckon however the game would be more exciting if there things like match day violence, riots, abandonements etc...

idiot.......... there has also been murder after football games should we include that just because it happens. SI trying to make a great game about the beautiful game ..not including the ugly side of it.

idiot.

I've not had too many problems on FM09. I've had a youth player get a 4 match ban for violent conduct, but the first team hasn't really had any problems.

On FM08 or maybe it was 07 I got a guy with a 6 match ban. He got sent off 3 games in row, i.e. he got sent off banned then sent off in the first match after the ban, and then sent off in the next match after that ban for kicking someone. He never played again for me after that, he didn't even manage to serve out the ban before I sold him to a foreign club.

idiot.......... there has also been murder after football games should we include that just because it happens. SI trying to make a great game about the beautiful game ..not including the ugly side of it.

idiot.

Idiot?

What made you think I condone football violence?

It is just a game you know, and am just making recommendations, no need to be so bureaucratic.

And anyway, are you trying to tell me that the fans dont affect a match?

we dont need riots or match day violence in the game, absolutely no need for it, and it doesnt add a single thing to the game-abandonments (not just postponements) due to floodlight failure and frozen/waterlogged/snow covered pitches though would add something to the game (as it is becoming a more regular occurance in real life)

Jorge Andre punched someone on my brothers game back in the old days of Champ Man or possibly the first football manager and got a year global ban

i mentioned this in another thread a while ago and apparantly the reasonits not in the game anymore is because if a player gets a year ban for taking drugs or fighting SI are liable to be sued. Well thats what i was told not too sure if its true

However Stevvy I believe it would add loads to the game, not like a full blown riot but perhaps the fans booing the team, and getting on there teams back,

booing the team yes maybe,but actual violence and riots are an absolute no no,those would add nothing to the game at all

I reckon however the game would be more exciting if there things like match day violence, riots, abandonements etc...

I think you need councelling for you anger issues :thup: lol

I think it may be a liabilty thing, real life players may not like being associated with things like that in a computer game. If it was me i wouldnt care really but we all know pro footballers are overpaid, melodramatic pansies!

lol init Nebu, you can imagine how much more exciting it is.

For example if you ever played with Roy Keane he wasnt as violent in the game as he was in real life when he broke that Scandinavian guys legs

Alf Inge Haaland, and the FA should have banned Keane from football forever for that, after he admitted doing it on purpose!

Ah, I found an explanation!

Back in the days of the CM3-series, there was a feature known as “the ARSE command”. Basically, if you put the word ARSE at the top of the player_setup.cfg file, Arse made it so you can see your chairmen's stats, make's players act "differently" (eg. swear at the crowd) and added some extra physio/coach comments (eg. "Phil Thompson believes your grandmother could run 100m faster than Neil Mellor). Just a bit of fun I think, but make the game much more enjoyable. Another feature of the arse command was that you could see the Chairman stats.

Edit: Cheers Neji

I'd love to know too. Every time that question is brought up, people seem to ignore it. I feel so left out :o

If i dont get an answer soon ill open up a thread about it! your more than welcome to join! i really want to know what the arse command is because whatever it was everyone thinks it was so good

what good would bringing riots into the game? yes hooligism is real in real life but then you could say so is racism? should you get that as well? if you saying violence should be in the game then you would also have to include racism.

thats why i think your a idiot because i dont see how someone can make such a stupid suggestion. there are games that you can be as violent as you want and then theres is football manager were you can manager a football team.

what good would bringing riots into the game? yes hooligism is real in real life but then you could say so is racism? should you get that as well? if you saying violence should be in the game then you would also have to include racism.

thats why i think your a idiot because i dont see how someone can make such a stupid suggestion. there are games that you can be as violent as you want and then theres is football manager were you can manager a football team.

Agreed :thup: although the idiot thing maybe a bit harsh!

Anyone who knows a bit about football hooliganism will know it has no place in the game! Ive seen first hand and know that most of these 'meets' are organised away from the grounds as most of them are banned anyway (quite rightly). On that basis there is no need for inclusion into the game as we are predomininantly in the stadium anyway and away from these imbosils.!

years back players got banned for 6 months for pushing refs about. i cant rememebr the length og ban but the Ai player got sent off for a foul and the sub that came when they changed thing's around then got sent off 2 minutes later lol..

Now if that had happend to one of us Humans there would of been uproar how the Ai cheats lol

*New suggestion for FM2010*

Please put it back in, for old times sake SI :thup:

if there was 2 teams full of angry men id like to see a pitch brawl, and managers coming out of the dugout and slugging it out.. i guess Si couldn't put this into the game for leagal issues..

Hold on a sec, im being attacked from all angles, i agree hooliganism is bad, but when did i condone it?

And while I havent been to a football match, I have seen a full blown riot near my street, and yes it is scary, and so is racism. However I think theres been a deviation from my main point, which i slightly altered in that in the game the fans could have more of an effect.

if there was 2 teams full of angry men id like to see a pitch brawl' date=' and managers coming out of the dugout and slugging it out.. i guess Si couldn't put this into the game for leagal issues..[/quote']

With the 3-d animations as they are right now? It would look like 22 subbuteo figures tickling each other!

its a tough one this

im a proponent of realism in FM but thered be something a bit unsavoury about bananas being thrown at black players or leeds fans getting stabbed or what not

but on pitch incidents, head butts, off the ball kicks, the odd slap or punch of your own team mate would only bring more depth and realism to the game - i rarely see things like that even in decades long career games

does anyone know if a test has been done to compare incidents of violent conduct in game and in real life?

its not a big issue but a major on pitch incident (dyer and bowyer, fuller and griffin) could be something 'fun' to deal with as a manager - do you sell the troublemaker even though he is the better player etc?

Archived