If i pay a large sum for a player to a small club will they...

then go out on a spending spree?

I was managing Man City and just to give my second favourite club West Brom a bit of a boast in their relegation battle i bought Chris Brunt off them for 60 million despite them only wanting 4.5 :) Even though they were at the bottom of the table 4 points from safety at the start of the January transfer window they bought no one and were duly relegated.

Question is does the game acknowledge that they are now 60 million richer and if so why didn't they spend at least a portion of the transfer fee received to try and stay up?

Nah mate Man City, Barca and Chelsea all spend big, also Spurs seem to be active, bought Trezeguet off me for 17.5 million

Well im in 2016/17 and literally, all the big clubs in Englandn are hanging on to 40 year olds, and all they buy, are people around 29 and are valued at 5million

Im not saying this islike that in every game but it is defenitly like this in my game, MAN UTD, finished in the bottom half in my game last year and CHELSEA AND LIVERPOOL, just got into europe.

Like i was saying Real Madrid are the only ones spending big on a regular basis in my game.:thdn:

Man City have forgot that they have got money i thin lol.

What patch are you on? sounds strange

9.2.0. I think man u is because of there big loan debt, but dont no why the other big teams dont buy big stars.

not 1 of the big clubs in England is worth more than 300 million, in the richest club menu

Not strange. Transfer system is screwed up in 9.2, and the issue of clubs not buying talented young players is a raised bug. The biggest issue is while you try to offload talented players in your club (either for raising cash or because he falls low in pecking order), it becomes near to impossible.

My save is the same as Mkij, the top 4 dont buy many players. Arsenal stay up longer because they have youth that they can use. Other than that they buy average players. Man Utd are doing terrible as with Chelsea, just turning into a retirement home. Barca, Ac Milan and Madrid know where its at, they strengthen their squads and know how to find good players.

My save is the same as Mkij, the top 4 dont buy many players. Arsenal stay up longer because they have youth that they can use. Other than that they buy average players. Man Utd are doing terrible as with Chelsea, just turning into a retirement home. Barca, Ac Milan and Madrid know where its at, they strengthen their squads and know how to find good players.

Just for fun, check out how much Cash these teams have (not club value but actual cash on hand). I was doing some testing recently on an old save and checked the richest clubs in the world. AC Milan, Barca and Real had 400mil+ pounds as cash. Arsenal was the club with highest value, but the actual cash balance at the club was in 100mil pound range, Manu U was in 85-90mil range and Chelsea was almost broke (couple of mil in bank). By the way the year in game was 2023.

edit:\ To check the balance, just add a manager to the team and you could see the finance

then go out on a spending spree?

I was managing Man City and just to give my second favourite club West Brom a bit of a boast in their relegation battle i bought Chris Brunt off them for 60 million despite them only wanting 4.5 :) Even though they were at the bottom of the table 4 points from safety at the start of the January transfer window they bought no one and were duly relegated.

Question is does the game acknowledge that they are now 60 million richer and if so why didn't they spend at least a portion of the transfer fee received to try and stay up?

The chairman might have used the money to clear debts. I think it will also depend on the manager in charge because irl Martin O'Neil looks like he has loads to spend but only buys players he really needs.

Archived