A good experience..... (Disclaimer: Might want to avoid if not happy with FM09)

I had waited for what seemed like an eternity to finally be able to get a PC capable of playing FM09. It's not a 'new' computer, but new for me, and it just scrapes by at the 'minimum spec'.

But, I can play FM09! That is what matters. :)

In the months I was waiting, I had been reading here about all the problems, so decided to wait for the 2nd patch before buying.

Despite the many legitimate problems that so many were having, with bugs, activation issues etc, I am happy to say that I experienced none of this.

My game activated at the first attempt (online, but not via steam), and whilst the fact that I cannot play in 3D may account for some of this, I have had none of the bugs I've seen mentioned occur for me in the game.

My tactics, are working excellently, (just some minor tweaks from the way I played in 07), my Strikers (and teams in general) score goals, I've scored a few free kicks and corners, had no strange goalkeeping errors, or anything at all out of the ordinary.

There are always aspects of the game which can be developed and improved upon, especially with the Press Conferences and the generic way you are forced to answer many questions, but overall, it is a nice addition.

This is in no way intended to contradict or detract from the equally valid opinions and experiences of the many who have been having all manner of problems with the game, but having read so much about all the negative experiences people have been enduring, I wanted to thank all at SI for (what at least for me personally), is another excellent game.

One that can definitely be improved and developed of course, but an excellent game nonetheless, and one I'm very much enjoying playing.

Archived