sick to death of cheating computer!!!!

3-0 half time with man utd away at newcastle. am 2nd in the league. second half get beat 4-3 how realistic NOT!! i changed my tactics at half tme to keep the lead which normally work. but the thing is it always happens and its stupid. its so predictable. thought it was too good to be true 3-0 up away from home!!!

football manager 2009 is a balls up!!!

wait...so changing your tactics to preserve your lead normally works...but they always come back? A bit contradictory. Way I play is..if it aint broke dont fix it. If your tactic got you 3 up...why change? Keep attacking, keep pressing them, score more goals.

Boro 4-3 Steua Bucharest in UEFA cup....Boro 4-3 Basle in UEFA cup.... People say lightning never strikes twice and doesnt happen for real....There 2 very real examples for you....

And as people have point out....how can it work when you change your tactics....but they always come back? Dont make sense?!

Changing your tactic is the worst thing you could do. give a decent team talk. not just pleased/delighted. And send them back out. see how things have gone after 10/15 minutes then make changes accordingly.

You dont see ferguson, Guadiola, Mourinho etc changing tactics at HT if they are 3-0 up

I've tried the dont get complacent team talk before and this is exactly what happened to me. Was kinda funny though

ye dont get complacent doesnt work too well either. Individual team talks work better, have faith/no pressure etc. its better to actually look at how your players are doing rather than just giving them all one blanket statement.

one thing I never understood is, why does 'encourage team' not appear if you're more than a goal up? what can i not encourage my team if they are winning 3-0. seems silly that the option is taken away from you

I randomly went for "don't get careless" when I was winning 2-1 at half-time. The final score ended up being 2-1. So I guess it isn't always a disaster.

Ye I know what you mean. ive noticed that when you are up by a goal or two dont get complaicent seems to be effective. But when ive used it when leading by more it has been nothing short of a disaster lol

ye dont get complacent doesnt work too well either. Individual team talks work better, have faith/no pressure etc. its better to actually look at how your players are doing rather than just giving them all one blanket statement.

one thing I never understood is, why does 'encourage team' not appear if you're more than a goal up? what can i not encourage my team if they are winning 3-0. seems silly that the option is taken away from you

I might give that a go, never really considered it to be honest. I always ask my assistant manager and in 90% of time I ignore him. but I note he tells certainly players no pressure and pick up from where you left off last time and things.

Archived