1st Team Vs Reserve Team in a Cup Final

Well, In my game at the moment im Ajax, and the final of the KNVB Beker ... is to be contested between my first team and reserve team.

Rather random i do say, i think its mainly because i've set my youth prospects as available for reserve team, so they have got their way to the final.

Double the money for me then i guess!

Just wondered if anybody else has had something like this?

and ... who gets the recognition for winning the cup if my reserves won? I'm guessing my coach of the team, Frank De Boer right?

Its a few weeks in the game before it but quite looking forward to it!

take control in the actual match? well, i wanted my proper team to win, and i nearly didnt! I just finished the match

went ahead in 50 seconds and thought ahhh its gonna be a rout ... then they equalised, took me a while, heres the result!

ajaxvajax2fe6.th.png

least i know my squad has depth! struggle against them, its actually worked in developing a lot of my youth, meant my top prospects i had to drop more than i wanted got more proper games!

lol is that even allowed?

Yes, the reserve teams who finished int he top 3 the previous year (iirc) can participate in the Cup tounament the next year in Holland

im sure in real life, about 10 years ago, ajax played the ajax 2nd team in the dutch cup final

No, that never happened irl, but Ajax 2 did reach the semi final on several occasions.

• 2 years later...

Well, amateur clubs can qualify for the ''KNVB Beker'' aswell. But I believe it isn't in the game since it would be 1-2 tiers lower combined with 2nd teams.

Can't confirm it 100% but my amateur club had to play the cup final for some eastern lower division once,

and if they had won we would have qualified for the national cup, the KNVB Beker.

edit: the qualification would be for next years cup btw! So the final would be at the end of the season,

after having played earlier rounds before during that season.

Now it got me thinking! In a couple of weeks there is also a cup final between ''Jong Feyenoord/Jong Excelsior'' and ''Jong Vitesse/Jong AGOVV'',

which are both combined teams from the same area who play their youths and reserves together.

I would reckon the winner of that cup final would also qualify for the national cup next year... Not sure...

I manage Ajax too and in FM10 I once were drawn against Ajax2 in cup semi-finals.

I have wondered about the same thing that nik_dut has. I think it's somehow connected to league position - reserve teams of TOP3 or TOP4 clubs can enter Dutch Cup competition.

Archived