difference between "natural" and "accomplished"

Can you really make a player improve from "acomplished"? I've never seen it happening. Once they get to acomplishd level (if thay're not from the beginning) they don't improve anymore. Please correct me if i am wrong. ;)

Can you really make a player improve from "acomplished"? I've never seen it happening. Once they get to acomplishd level (if thay're not from the beginning) they don't improve anymore. Please correct me if i am wrong. ;)

That is the case I believe, because natural is the position that they will be 'naturally' (sorry, really cannot think of another word this morning!) Accomplised would be that they have been trained to a great level to play in that position, but they did not know it when they were very younger

you can get them to natural eventually, it takes a lot of position training and IIRC they need to have a certain number base rate for that position (around 17 i think), there is a few threads out there on it if you do a search

Well I never knew that, been playing FM's for years now and always find something that I did not know! Cheers mate;)

That is the case I believe, because natural is the position that they will be 'naturally' (sorry, really cannot think of another word this morning!) Accomplised would be that they have been trained to a great level to play in that position, but they did not know it when they were very younger

No, you can change a player's positional ability from accomplished to natural. As far as I know your player needs to be reasonably young, versatile, and be both trained and played in the new position consistently. I've definitely altered Younousse Sankhare's position this way.

you can get them to natural eventually, it takes a lot of position training and IIRC they need to have a certain number base rate for that position (around 17 i think), there is a few threads out there on it if you do a search

Can you provide a link as I'm really curious about this.

(I've done a search but don't seem to be putting in the right key words to get anything up).

Yes iv seen this happen for a few players. Iv managed to retrain a few AML/AMR players to be natural at ML/MR. Also manged to retrain some AMC's to become natural at FC. Their goals output has increased a lot, so the retraining may be a factor, even though their 'striker' attributes havent really improved.

I've just trained an AMR to 'accomplished' as a ST (when I signed him, he was 'competent'). It actually took a surprisingly short time for him to make that jump - 3 friendlies, 4 Serie C cup games and 2 league matches. I hope that this means that he is adaptable enough not to take too long to become 'natural' at it.

Will see!

I've managed to retrain Ashley Young to ML as his natural position in just under a season. That was with him playing there every single week, so that definetly helps! I'm hoping to retrain Gareth Barry to be a natural DMC but i've just got him at accomplished at the moment.

Archived