Regen

I remember in the old version you could open wordpad and type in some sort of code that would generate regens with certain names in the future? Something along the lines of:

""Joe""""Kinnear""""11/05/93""""Newcastle""""ST""""151""199""

Or something like that?

Anyone remember as i'd like to add a couple of regens in.

Hmm, i think i might have described it wrong. What i mean was you could do the above but sort of give a future regen that name. I.E you can also enter new positive and negative adjectives, could someone from SI confirm that i am on the right track, or that i've been smoking too much pot.

The code from FM2005 was:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Common Name" "Surname" "Date of birth dd-mm-yyyy" "Nationality" "Favourite Team"

e.g."FUTURE_REGEN" "Craig" "" "Hunter" "09-04-1979" "Scotland" "Rangers FC"

Should still work, unless its been taken out.

The player should normally appear at their favourtie team, but not always though.

I think you have to save it as a wordpad/notepad document and then place it in the db's edt folder, obviously save it as an .edt.

If i'm right in saying , there is another way. Simply going on the editor and giving the players birthdates younger than 14 as the game only recognise players older than 13 in the game. So creating players, regens that way would allow you to give them good PA and CA. Not sure if it works.

Hmm, i think i might have described it wrong. What i mean was you could do the above but sort of give a future regen that name. I.E you can also enter new positive and negative adjectives, could someone from SI confirm that i am on the right track, or that i've been smoking too much pot.

did you just say that you can smoke too much pot

is it just me

or has this guy been smoking to much pot

Ok, I've added it into my game, however, I'm almost 100% sure it needs to be with a new game. Everything else in there "Make me chairman" etc states that you must start a new game for it to take effect.

I guess We shall see.

Yes it needs to be a new game and the file has to be ticked in the extra files menu.

It did work with FM08 - Though I came through as a Nigerian born Englishman at Charlton, when I put my Nationality down as English and club as Man Utd.

Has anyone got this working for 09?

It doesn't find the .edt file on 09 for me but I put it in the 08 folder and it found it but the players have not regenerated.

My code was

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Wobill" "" "Luman" "22.04.93" "Preston"

I then repeated this but they have not spawned. Any help would be much appreciated

EDIT: I just realised that I have missed out the nationalitys. This must be stopping it from working.

Will edit it and try again now and then, update.

Archived