tactics problem

ok on loading screen one of tips is dont mess with your tactics as players wont get used to them.

but in game every one says keep adjusting your tactics till you get one that works. how can you find one that works without changing your tactics.

playing as middlesboro i can hardly win a game as it is without having two conflicting messages trying to help me.

tactics forum is your best bet mate, but as previously stated tweaking is different from changing your tactic. You should also remember that the hints and tips were written for previous versions of the game and tactical tweaks and changes became more and more important FM08 onwards to try and eliminate "supa tactics". So it's entirely possible that an old tip is still on the in-game hints guide.

Smogster i too am a Boro fan...god knows why atm :p I am in 3rd season and have win a host of cups including Premier league and eufa cup...i found i won best with a 4-2-3-1 like liverpool play with Gerrard and Torres...i just beat bayern 3-0 and 3-1 with it ! Good Luck

Pod

Havent played with Boro on 09 yet I prefer playing with Newcastle or Hartlepool. I don't mind playing Boro when I'm after a bit of a challenge.

I have played them on FM08 and finished 6th. Also managed to finish 3rd in FM07. I usually use tactics based around 4-4-2. My tactics, particuarly from FM08 onwards depend on several factors;-

1)who I sign

2) Who I'm playing against

3) Home or away

There is no set tactic, and you basically have to decide on a game by game basis what to play, but generally the best formation is a 4-4-2 variant in my experience.

you need to read this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=100704

Middlesbrough are a good team to experiment with, anyhting above a 12th position finish can be considered successful.

Good luck!

Archived