Feeder clubs.

I'm the manager of Chelsea and it's 2018 now. I have loads of talented youths who can't break into my first team yet whom I want to send on loan. I can't seem to find a feeder club who play in a league. All the ones the board come back with are from places where there isn't an active league running. For example in my game, Belgium and a few places. Why can't they just give me a team in League one or something. :(

How long have you been in charge of Chelsea? There is an option that you can choose your own feeder club if you've got the trust of the board or been at the club for 2+ years. Just keep trying and you should get a club in a league that you are running.

For the record, it has been discussed in previous threads about youth player development, and it is claimed that sending players on loan to teams in active leagues will aid his progression faster than sending him to an inactive league. Obviously there are variables to this, the biggest one being the amount and quality of football he will be playing, and in some cases it may be better for them to go to a decent team in an inactive league. But for the most part, it is claimed that because the games are played fully in your active leagues, the effect on your young player there will be bigger than sending him to a league where you can't seen the games or results

Archived