Joan Laport just sold Breno on me...........

Juventus offered £13m and he hadnt played a game for me yet so I guess I cant blame Laporta but all the same I was looking forward to integrating him into the Barca first team over the next season.

Frustratingly realistic thing to happen.

Juventus offered £13m and he hadnt played a game for me yet so I guess I cant blame Laporta but all the same I was looking forward to integrating him into the Barca first team over the next season.

Frustratingly realistic thing to happen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saulty2805:

o, right icon_biggrin.gif

sorry about that

lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No problem icon_razz.gif

Just had to vent my frustration somewhere.

Just out of interest having played as neither Real Madrid or Barça...

Do the chairmen change?

Obviously IRL, they have club presidential elections, therefore the chairman changes.

Might seem a silly question but one someone who's played as these clubs could answer. If they don't change, might be something worth SI setting up in the next release, if it's possible of course.

IRL, the presidential elections to run either club are almost bigger than the national elections... seriously!! icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Just out of interest having played as neither Real Madrid or Barça...

Do the chairmen change?

Obviously IRL, they have club presidential elections, therefore the chairman changes.

Might seem a silly question but one someone who's played as these clubs could answer. If they don't change, might be something worth SI setting up in the next release, if it's possible of course.

IRL, the presidential elections to run either club are almost bigger than the national elections... seriously!! icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must have been at Barca now for at leaset 5 year, and Laporta is still here. It says he will 'never leave the club he loves'.

Hulls new(ish) chairman, Paul Duffen, sold two of my players above my head. We had £4m in the bank at the time too?

Stancu went for £3.2m and Kalouda for £3.1m. Both players wanted to leave as I hadn't made promotion but I could have got £5m for each of them quite easily as other clubs bid more money after I touted them out. They chose bland Championship clubs too which is even more frustrating!

I found it quite a nice touch when I offered Adrian Mutu around for £25 million that though my board accepted Bayern Munich's £15.5 million bid on my behalf, they left it up to me whether or not to accept an identical bid from AC Milan. I can only assume that it is because AC Milan are one of oour big rivals.

As it was I accepted their bid and he is heading there anyway, but it was good to see that the chairman seemingly took such things into account icon14.gif

When they say the offer was 'too good to refuse' i'd love if they gave some sort of reason because often i tend to disagree...

It feels somewhat undermining and is unlikey to happen irl unless you're under financial pressures, or crap!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by patsyBlah:

When they say the offer was 'too good to refuse' i'd love if they gave some sort of reason because often i tend to disagree...

It feels somewhat undermining and is unlikey to happen irl unless you're under financial pressures, or crap!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with that i think chairmen in real life are constantly interfering withransfers.

For example Bolton sold their best player in Anelka to Chelsea for big money. I'm pretty sure Megson would have wanted him to stay but Phil Gartside saw the money , took it and now they sruggle to score.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paduardo:

Originally posted by patsyBlah:

It feels somewhat undermining and is unlikey to happen irl unless you're under financial pressures, or crap!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oops just saw the last word . ha

The problem with that example was that the player was clearly at a club who, without wanting to offend, are in my scientific definition 'crap'.

Anelka was too good for Bolton, they realised the longer they hung on to him the lower the price they could realise.

I would imagine the chairman had full discussions with megson and probably made representations about reinvesting some of the money.

My point (finally!) is he probably didn't call him into the office and say, 'Gary me old chum anelka's gone, £15mil, too good to refuse. Cheerio.'

When I am a big club a just refuse every offer outright telling clubs the player is indispensable to the team.

When im a smaller club I tend to negotiate for stupid amounts 50 mill plus loads of clauses so the player doesn't get mardy and if the chairmen does intervene it will be for "loadsamoney"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paduardo:

I disagree with that i think chairmen in real life are constantly interfering withransfers.

For example Bolton sold their best player in Anelka to Chelsea for big money. I'm pretty sure Megson would have wanted him to stay but Phil Gartside saw the money , took it and now they sruggle to score. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was public knowledge Anelka wanted to go to Chelsea and in the end they got more money than most people thought they would anyway. Not really a great example - does anyone think Anelka would have been off to Chelsea if he'd come out and said "I want to stay here and help the club avoid relegation"? Of course not.

Archived