5 mins after you're gone and it's like you never even existed...

No, i'm not talking about my ex-girlfriend, but rather about one (of many) missing aspects on this game, one that really doesnt make that much difference on the actual game-play, but would make the 'game-world' seem more realistic.

You know, after you're resigned, retired, been sacked from the club what ever, there's no indication that you've ever even been there, in the news section there just comes one headline that says the obvious that you're gone, but nothing more which was a bit disappointing for the first time i left a team (got the bullet at toon).

Players are always voicing theyre opinions in this game, actually they are even more openly critical then in real footballers dare to be. So it's funny that they have nothing to say at the departure of they're manager, either that they're sad you're gone, or happy to see the back of you. Now in this save, i took promoted notts county (despite being m.predicion 20:nth), and reached the johnstone trophy final, and many of the players had me as they're fav personnel. So when i left i would had thought of at least some sort of reaction, maby even the chairman trying to make me stay, or the fans showing they're anger at the chairman OR anger at me. But nothing.

Also, just like after hirings, after resignings or sackings there's usually press conferences, but not in this game. Also it would be nice if it was possible to announce that you're leaving at the end of the season, for practical reasons too so that you can openly look for another job without getting the sack because of unloyalty.

also, when retiring, it's like you just vanish into to thin air, it's reasonably hard to find any references to you anywere, a retirement press conference would be interesting too, and journalists could maby gather all different incidents, highs and lows of you're career, maby with quotes from former staff, players and rivals...

Just a few thoughts, at the end it would make little more then cosmetic differences to the game, but more fun i reckon.

I understand your point and totally agree. I was manager at Birmingham and got them back into the Prem and even won the league cup in the first season. The second season i did fairly well finishing in 10th which is what the board wanted but in the third season i was sacked after only 12 games. I have no problem with me being sacked because i had only 1 point from the 12 games. However, the fans should have at least come out and said thanks for gettin them back in the Prem or something (just to be clear i have no problems with real Birmingham fans, lol).

thts a very good point, the game seems to pass manager milestones too quickly and little consideration, i contributed to a thread about a week ago on how manager milestones and cup final wins passed too quicly with 1 or 2 news items in the inbox - it only requires a small change to make the game seem a lot deeper

It's not just managers though, its players as well, I mean I've got Keirrison in my team and he's scored over 600 goals for the club, and I know when he retires there won't be anything other than one line in a news item, when surely a clubs greatest ever goalscorer, and a player who would be an absolute legend retires there would be much more than the bat of an eyelid and the fans get on with it.

yep needs to be sorted i think. There should be some time spent on the players loyalty to managers too. For example if you get a team promoted and you go to a higher or lower placed club, some of the players should definatley follow. Like bellamy following mark hughes "kind of thing" as i know he worked with him at Wales and not a club. I remember Brian Talbot had a reasonably sucessfull stint with rushden and diamonds, he then went to oldham and brought the captain and a few promising youngsters with him. Im sure its not the only case of this happening.

Yeah definately agree with this, even if you do get another Job there's no relationship continuity...needs to be more comments from players/staff when you leave/retire. Would be nice if the news items reflected the fact that Ex-<blank> manager has made a bid to re-unite with <player> etc etc.

Can't really add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I do think this is a really really good idea, and SI should definitely implement this into either FM 2010, or, preferably, the next patch. It would definitely add another dimension of reality to the game.

Go on SI! Just do it!

Can't really add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said, but I do think this is a really really good idea, and SI should definitely implement this into either FM 2010, or, preferably, the next patch. It would definitely add another dimension of reality to the game.

Go on SI! Just do it!

Lol some people crack me up.

I agree with this idea, though. So many times I've resigned or retired after 5/8/10 seasons, however many...the reaction is the same: "The replacement for this guy could be this guy or the other guy."

Pretty sad tbh.

i wouldnt put it on the next patch lol, if they wait and put it in fm2010 they have more time to make sure there is no bugs with it. a great idea though, and i would like to see managers raiding their old clubs for players, as IRl, we see this all the time.

Would be nice too if when you resign from a club and go on holiday saying apply for all jobs that it wouldn't automatically have you apply for the job you just left (it does you know). What would the press/fans think of that?

Archived