Suggestion: Trophy Cabinet

yer i get what your saying but if si put graphical cabinets into the game then how long will it be before fm turns out like fifa manager, id rather si spent there time sorting out all the bugs that they have in the game. then putting a 3d trophy cabinet into the game. plus si dont have the licence for most of the major trophies anyway.

i dont like this idea as i dont want all parts of the game being overly graphical as most computers will struggle to handle it besides mine would be empty lol as i nearly always play as west ham lol

Since there is a 3d match engine i don't think it would made that much difference. It's a nice idea. Just like a league map would be a nice feature too.

that would be nice near hall of fame to have trophy cabinet with ribbons in the colors of your club

and the club should open a museum if you have more than 30 trophies,and people would pay a ticked and bring you income for merchandising :D

you see thats the idea, a new way of getting extra income as well good post severus

There are too many graphics in the game as it is, needs less pictures and more text.

That's precisely my point thank you i think that 3d match engine is enough as it actually adds something to the game and imo si should stick to there roots and what made the game great to many graphics and fm will end up like fifa manager which i think none of us what now do we :p

I don't want to dampen the spirits of the OP, but this isn't a very good idea. I agree, more graphics would take FM further away from where it should be. There's other games past and present that provide pretty graphics to keep gamers entertained.

I don't think it would be nice to have a half decent looking game, SI know full well that the last thing they want with FM is to go be like FIFA's gimmick filled game. Making the game look good isn't going to impact on the gameplay.

Don't see any need for it, myself.

And going by these shark-infested waters that are the SI Forums - I doubt it'll get much support.

excuse me what do you mean by these shark infested waters, if an idea isnt what people like arent people allowed to say because isnt this one of the main points of the forums to help discuss new ideas and i think that youll find that good ideas generally get a thumbs up.

how about a 3d graphical trophy cabinet to show off the trophies won, i think it would look better than the text version already in game.

comments welcome on this subject

Great idea for me, anything that helps build the atmosphere of the game and take it a step further away from a colourful spreadsheet. Good idea OP :)

people want to see numbers of trophies they won but I think they wanna see what they won too,and how does it look,you try to anticipate how will the trophy look in the hands of the manager after he won the CL or the Super Cup

my point is that I am tired to see 1,2,3,4,5 and I want to see what I won too for example this

http://www.chelseapies.tv/champs%20league%20trophy.jpg

you can see there the name of FC Steaua Bucuresti and that's the team I play and support and I am proud of it

yes I know it is an simple image but it is symbolic and it has a great value,that trophy is the result of great work,and lot of time spend

exactly severus it doesnt have to be a trophy cabinet, i like your way as well, maybe if some people stopped instantly disliking ideas and look for ways around the idea then maybe more suggestions would get implimented

take 3d me for example if you look back at some of the old, old suggestion threads you will see someone suggested 3d view, and quite a lot of posters dumped that idea, and here we are today with it.

so 1 screen ie click a button called trophies on the records screen (or whatever) and an image comes up with a picture of a cup and your clubs name on it, i cant see how that would need a graphical overhaul of the whole game.

Because it would be the only screen in the entire game that had all the emphasis on looks. This idea is about making the game look better and one screen isn't really going to do that, the whole game could do with something to make it look a but prettier IMO. It's not really needed but would be nice.

ah i get you now neji, yes i agree,

back to the idea that something like this would be going the way of fifa though i think is rediculous, because the game is a representation of football then surely winning trophies is part of that, not a line of text saying won blah blah in 2012

sorry if i keep going on and on, i like problem solving and im sure there is a way.

You can't really problem solve an idea though. You want extra graphics in the game, some people don't.

not a line of text

That could be said about so many parts of the game though. It's primarily a text based game, and that's most of it's charm and a lot of people don't want it to move away from that.

I really really don't like this idea I'm afraid, no matter how it's implemented it's going to look too cheap and shallowly cosmetic.

• SI Staff

I'm a big fan of having something like this in the game and I don't think it would do any harm to have it in there. Yes, it may be a bit more graphically pleasing but it wouldn't have to be done in a way that trophies are plastered everywhere.

A nicely designed screen with trophy graphics complimenting the text would be a good thing IMO.

Remember the game didn't used to have flags, logos, player pictures, kits, icons or anything like that. It would be pretty boring if we didn't try some new things out. :)

Could always be 2D if people are worried about it being too graphical. I would prefer 3D, but 2D would still look nice. Not a baqd idea here.

I do like the idea of after winning 30 trophies, getting a museum and making income from it. Might as well get the success pay off for you. Or when you leave, the next manager :D

Remember the game didn't used to have flags, logos, player pictures, kits, icons or anything like that. It would be pretty boring if we didn't try some new things out. :)

And is the game really that much more beneficial for having them in?

I think the fanbase would rather have more things to do than more pretty things to look at.

well i think its a good idea, and IMO opinion (ill get blasted for this) i think SI should take away the 3d until its been sorted out, i have read about so many problems with it and if we miss out on it in2010 just for it to be better in 2011 then its worth it. trophy cabinet, good idea, i will never be able to fill mine though

I'm a big fan of having something like this in the game and I don't think it would do any harm to have it in there. Yes, it may be a bit more graphically pleasing but it wouldn't have to be done in a way that trophies are plastered everywhere.

A nicely designed screen with trophy graphics complimenting the text would be a good thing IMO.

You would say that, Skin man :D

excuse me what do you mean by these shark infested waters, if an idea isnt what people like arent people allowed to say because isnt this one of the main points of the forums to help discuss new ideas and i think that youll find that good ideas generally get a thumbs up.

I'm all for ideas, don't get me wrong.

By 'Shark-infested waters' I meant that I'm guessing the majority would be against the idea, along with the usual 'If you want stuff like that go play FIFA Manager' comments.

Hope that clears that up, meant no offence :):thup:

it doesn't have to be 3D make it 2D

something like this http://images.google.ro/imgres?imgurl=http://image42.webshots.com/42/2/40/11/341224011IHyKgZ_fs.jpg&imgrefurl=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1341224011065888106IHyKgZ&usg=__444Pv9bZ9XDmpTqD_v6g0uGl944=&h=1536&w=2048&sz=325&hl=ro&start=3&um=1&tbnid=MWzbmQ7m2UQ8RM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dreal%2Bmadrid%2Btrophy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dro%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DQgw%26sa%3DN

and after you won Champions League you should get a message like this(considering that you have a museum for your club)

E.g.

After they received the team in ovation at the airport and joined them in the main square where they celebrated together the succes all night,fans in great numbers have passed the museum gate today because they want to see what their team brought from (whatever city hold the final),They hope the trophy stays here and they expect more trophies during your career

brilliant severus

dont you think that, seeing something like that come up after winning a final would be awesome and make you feel more proud, than the norm.

i want to mention also about what some say about " oh people will get bored of the repetition of it" i say this, the game itself is repetitive

• SI Staff
And is the game really that much more beneficial for having them in?

I certainly think so

I think the fanbase would rather have more things to do than more pretty things to look at.

Not really related though as the Game / AI coders wouldn't be involved as it's a User Interface thing.

• 1 year later...

i was wondering do you guys think it would be a good idea to have a "Trophy Room" you can only view the team your managing and only see the trophy's you have achived but anyways say theres a picture or 3d model of a cup doesn't have to be the licensed ones but the appearnces SI see fit and basicly you can hover your mouse over the cup and the name and how many times you won it comes up and you can click on it to see when you won it sounds stupid i know but this would appeal to me purley for cosmetic of course but i think it would be nice to see the trophy you won :)

Thoughts? :)

Cool, but something like this has been suggested before, but wasn't well like by a lot of hardcore fans here.

But if this is implemented, looking at the trophy room of Real Madrid or Barca will probably make me go blind :p

Archived