Frustrated!! Installation on Mac OS X 10.4

Hi guys (and especially any of you who can help me), went out to buy the game recently but can't install on my MacBook. The installer doesn't even launch. (Intel 1.83Ghz Macbook, 1Gb ram, OS X 10.4.11, Intel integrated graphics).

Admittedly it's my fault for buying what is currently an expensive coaster, but I managed to open and play the demo with few problems (everything works, except 3D). I understand some users have been able to play the game on OS X 10.4.11 so I'm still not giving up hope, but my patience is running thin.

I've scoured everywhere (including these forums) for solutions pretty much for the last three weeks, and I'm at my wits' end. Based on recommendations I've found, I have:

* Updated the OS to 10.4.11

* Updated Quicktime to the latest version

* Updated J2se to 5.0

Does anybody have any tips on what other things I can try? I was able to both install and play the demo, but the actual game itself, no luck.

Tony, thanks for your help but the installer still doesn't come up after using a different user account. It doesn't even launch, let alone crash. I've even downloaded an unsupported J2SE 6.0 (OS X 10.4 users only can go up to 5.0) package but the installer just won't run. So irritating.

Same thing for repair disk permissions on my hard disk.

Archived