Separate suggestions forum

Dear SI/Sega/Forum Gurus

To be honest, "General Discussion" doesn't really cover suggestions for future improvement as well as it could if there was a separate section. And it would be nice to have a more dedicated community to suggestions rather than 10 replies then lost down the page of "where's the patch" threads.

I would like to see more fully fledged discussion around community ideas for improvements and tweaks to the game, including polls for all ideas. I'm sure this will benefit SI and help those of us who want to continually improve the series.

I'd be more than happy to disect the current wishlist topic, as well as searching for previous threads for suggestions. It would make a lot of us feel happier that our feedback is being displayed and listened too.

I propose "Suggestions and Future Ideas" as the name of the section.

I really think this will be an important addition, and will passionately keep this idea alive.

Kind Regards,

Senor Planet

Definitely think this is a good idea. At the moment all suggestions seem to get lost in a sea of other threads and, TBH, I feel the wishlist thread is maybe a bit redundant now, the size of it alone surely makes it a cumbersome thing to deal with, and that a separate sub forum for suggestions would be a good way to go about piquing people's interest in helping make FM a better product

KUTGW CP :thup:

I like it.

I remember making some excellent (well I thought so), long, thought out posts suggesting improvements for '09 back when we were still playing '08.

Quite often they quickly got lost off the first page due to rubbish and I often found myself having to trawl to page 3 to find them again the next day.

Might be just as good to ration how many posts members are allowed to make on this board or a suggestion thread. Could work limiting posts to the community board or a suggestions board to x amount per day. Would cut down on some of the spam. Not sure if this is technically viable on vBulletin though.

Or just have an appointed Mod or two who are always around to look after it :thup:

The human touch is always nice but usually is flawed. A physical restriction from posting would force users to be more thoughtful in their posts.

Don't we already have a suggestions thread each year? I'm just worried that a suggestion forum may get flooded with "OMG SORT IT OUT SI" threads. Potentially a good idea though, providing it's used responsibly.

There's normally about ten started each week. Sometimes less than 24 hours after release you get a suggestions thread about the NEXT release. Crazy.

Perhaps a stickied thread is the answer if a new forum is not a viable option.

Yea but would have to be really well moderated and once it gets to be 7,8,9+ pages long people will really get tired of reading. Also there are already a lot of stickies on this board, it's easy to get confused for some users. That and that fact some members seem oblivious to stickies, they almost visually filter them out as insignificant and put their own post up. I liked the idea of a separate board for suggestions and new feature discussion, but I honestly can't see it happening.

Yea but would have to be really well moderated and once it gets to be 7,8,9+ pages long people will really get tired of reading. Also there are already a lot of stickies on this board, it's easy to get confused for some users. That and that fact some members seem oblivious to stickies, they almost visually filter them out as insignificant and put their own post up. I liked the idea of a separate board for suggestions and new feature discussion, but I honestly can't see it happening.

Yeah thinking about it you are right about pretty much all of this. I do like the idea of a seperate forum but like yourself i think it's unlikely. It's still a good idea though so it's worth exploring other avenues.

Dear SI/Sega/Forum Gurus

To be honest, "General Discussion" doesn't really cover suggestions for future improvement as well as it could if there was a separate section. And it would be nice to have a more dedicated community to suggestions rather than 10 replies then lost down the page of "where's the patch" threads.

I would like to see more fully fledged discussion around community ideas for improvements and tweaks to the game, including polls for all ideas. I'm sure this will benefit SI and help those of us who want to continually improve the series.

I'd be more than happy to disect the current wishlist topic, as well as searching for previous threads for suggestions. It would make a lot of us feel happier that our feedback is being displayed and listened too.

I propose "Suggestions and Future Ideas" as the name of the section.

I really think this will be an important addition, and will passionately keep this idea alive.

Kind Regards,

Senor Planet

Good idea. I hope SI take notice of this :thup:

I think this is quite a good idea but i'll comment on a couple potenial negatives just to add a bit of balance to the conversation:

1. I would worry that by removing another aspect of GD to a seperate forum that GD itself may start to become quite boring. Seeing a great idea posted is one of the better things about GD and helps to break up all the usual 'when is patch out' threads. Genuinely good ideas will normally generate good discussion and will likely be seen by SI. I think the reason some ideas disappear quickly is down to the fact they aren't very good or can't generate much discussion. The fact GD has so many new threads means that often only the best ideas will receive the attention they deserve.

2. Most users tend to dedicate their time to maybe one or two forums and no doubt a new ideas forum would create the same. The problem i see with this is that it could lead to a stifling of ideas, as the same people make the same comments and have the same opinions as other regular users. This certainly isn't done on purpose but you tend to find that people form similar opinions to those they interact with most. It's likely that having a separate forum would significantly cut down the number and variety of people who read, comment and offer new ideas.

These are only my opinions but i think its important to identify potential issues. :)

• SI Staff
Is there any reason why threads aren't being tagged as much now as when the new forum software was brought in? Just curious.

Because we've already gone through and noted the good ones for next time a while back. I'll start tagging them again when I see them for the future.

• SI Staff
Well, I think this is a great idea, will really feel like suggestions are listened to and not lost in a thread with 3000 posts.

Suggestions will have a better chance of being noticed if it is in it's own topic as there will be a discussion about it, it's easier to mail around the team and gather thoughts and add it to our feature system. The wishlist was initially created to stop the "Here are my big list of ideas with absolutely no detail or discussion" threads.

This is the best we're going to get for now :(

http://community.sigames.com/tags.php?tag=fm-suggestion

We're looking at some alternatives though

Ter, Neji, GillsMan, Jesus

Any chance of adding that link to the links thread, would be handy for people who are interested in the more serious suggestions and could help some of the better threads get bumped more often.

Basically a good idea, I am not really innovative enough to think of idea's but it is better to have a separate part of the forum then looking for idea's started in own threads and see in the wish list if they exists.

Not that I would use it much.

on this topic, i would suggest a split inside the good players forum: Nowadays when you go other there, this forum is filled with clubs thread so now when you look for a player all you see is Man utd thread, arsenal thread etc and it completely defeats the prupose of the good players forum.

Bring back the 'I found a gem: todorov' era ;) and give a specific place for the fans who only want players that will fit in the club they are managing

Archived