Unused or Rarely used features - Time to go?

Inspired by the Injection thread, there are certain features in the game that are either rarely used in real life, rarely used in the game or rarely work. Is it time for these to be removed or simply overhauled?

Using injections on injuries

I know this does occasionally happen in real life, but the option always being available for the majority of injury types does get on my nerves. I will never use it, so maybe it would be better to have an "always leave to physio" option. If you do do it, make more players willing to take the injection, big premiership players ahve often played hurt with the help of injections, yet in game they all refuse.

Board Ultimatums

How often does this happen in real life? It certainly never happens in game!

Requesting red cards to be rescinded

This needs to be brought more in line with how it works in the modern game, and more dodgy decisions should be over-turned, because of the lack of quality evidence (sorry 3D engine) the commentator or assistant manager should give a clear indication of whether the incident was worth arguing.

Relaying the pitch

I understand why this idea was implemented, but it's not that realistic for a manager to do this in real life and it's been poorly implemented in game. I really feel it should be removed.

Pitch size

Again, does this happen in real life? Does Rafa go to the groundman and go "we're going to play down the wings a lot this season, make the pitch wider!" I don't feel it is and should be removed.

Retiring shirt numbers

Having ones that are already in the game to begin with is great, but either implement it going forward or get rid of it.

Preferred shirt numbers

Cosmetic features like this just aren't a great touch, at least make it slightly morale affecting.

Well that's my 2p worth, would be interested in hearing other peoples opinions on these.

Managers do sometimes have a say on the pitch size so I feel that it should stay.

I don't see the need to take out board ultimatums or injections. The leave to physio feature you suggested is already there isn't it? If you ignore the news item, the physio will automatically deal with it, I believe.

Inspired by the Injection thread, there are certain features in the game that are either rarely used in real life, rarely used in the game or rarely work. Is it time for these to be removed or simply overhauled?

Using injections on injuries

I know this does occasionally happen in real life, but the option always being available for the majority of injury types does get on my nerves. I will never use it, so maybe it would be better to have an "always leave to physio" option. If you do do it, make more players willing to take the injection, big premiership players ahve often played hurt with the help of injections, yet in game they all refuse.

I rarely use this feature BUT I have used it twice on important cup games and I did thank the developers for putting this in the game then.

Board Ultimatums

How often does this happen in real life? It certainly never happens in game!

I think it's more relevant once you get to a bigger club with a better reputation. Plus it's more to do with your personality. It would be better if the AI used this more and it was better publicized in the media.

Requesting red cards to be rescinded

This needs to be brought more in line with how it works in the modern game, and more dodgy decisions should be over-turned, because of the lack of quality evidence (sorry 3D engine) the commentator or assistant manager should give a clear indication of whether the incident was worth arguing.

I agree, this is impossible to dispute as the match engine doesn't always give you a clear view of the incident being justified or not and it's far too much hassle to trawl through match reports etc. Maybe your assistant could give you more reliable advice on this.

Relaying the pitch

I understand why this idea was implemented, but it's not that realistic for a manager to do this in real life and it's been poorly implemented in game. I really feel it should be removed.

Pitch size

Again, does this happen in real life? Does Rafa go to the groundman and go "we're going to play down the wings a lot this season, make the pitch wider!" I don't feel it is and should be removed.

I actually use this feature all the time. I relay the pitch to favor my quick direct home tactics and I know managers have done this in the past so I do like this feature.

Retiring shirt numbers

Having ones that are already in the game to begin with is great, but either implement it going forward or get rid of it.

Preferred shirt numbers

Cosmetic features like this just aren't a great touch, at least make it slightly morale affecting.

I don't mind this feature, but especially like the preferred numbers. I think this is a nice little cosmetic touch and I wouldn't like it removing from the game. If anything there should be more players who have preferred shirt numbers and it should be something a player develops. Yes, it's kind of pointless but it is a nice little touch and helps transform the stats in front of me from a spreadsheet into a player - it gives him a bit of personality.

Anyway, my opinion is that no feature should be removed from the game, why take things out of the game? If you don't like them don't use them, but the little things and attention to detail help define FM.

Injections, ultimatums and rescinded red cards, need to stay, but they need to be implemented properly. ATM they don't work at all.

I'd be happy to see the rest of them removed, especially retiring shirt numbers. I don't understand why testimonials have ben overlooked yet again, but retiring shirt numbers was added.

Testimonials should be included but need to implemented correctly. Not sure if they should be playable/controlable, but it would be nice to see a news item about a players testimonial. Would be great if they included a few past players and former club legends in these matches.

Archived