Shouting at your players while in the match

Ive been thinking about this feature and why isnt this in the game? Ever seen a real football match? I mean the footy coach is always standing on the sideline shouting tactical improvements or mental boosts at players. If somebody makes a mistake i would love to be able to tell him to get his act together. Make him focus. Or when you are 1-0 up in the dying moments.. Why not a quick shout of Keep possession, win time! Instead of tactics, team instructions, accept changes...wait for the ball to go out en then change...

Another thing is team talk for subs...why cant i tell a player who is coming in the game in the 65th minute what i expect of him? I mean thats what RL trainers do right?

And how about talking to players about their performances without going to the press. If my star striker is failing in front of the goal i dont to tell the press im not impressed. No i want to tell him to get back in form or he will get the sack and play with the reserves. There are so many more ways of motivating players

And last but not least...implementing player agents in the game. Cause in real life clubs dont bid and then talk to the player. Clubs talk to the players agent about the availability of the player. I mean why bidding €50 mil for Cesc if he doesnt even want to come. Why not a option where you can contact his agent and ask for his interest? Maybe that way you can force a player to break with his current club so the transfer fee would be less. IE Rob Wielaert to Ajax last winter.

These are some minor ideas i have for the game...whats your opinion peeps :)

This is a great idea. I've been thinking exactly the same thing. It's good having pre-game and half time, but being able to have a go at an underperforming player during the match itself would be an excellent feature - getting a player to buck his ideas up while he's on the pitch. How about it SI?!

iirc about the agents thingy, if you scout the player the scout would give you an accurate answer if the player has any interest in coming over.

True but how great would it be if the agent leaks the interest in the press you have in his player?

Oh another small idea i just came up with....

When you scout a player you choose the player the scouts compares him with. Now he compares him with your strongest player in that position. But you dont want to replace your best one right? You want to replace the one who is 2nd or even 3rd best.

im 50/50 on this, i like the idea of the subs coming on, i think as long as they dont try and be to clever with it, a simple extra list like the team talk will do, such as

dont give anything away

protect the lead

hit row z

go at defenders

get cross's into the box

shoot on sight

enjoy the run out

but then this is kind of already in the game with players instructions just takes a little bit of time

if i am honest i dont like the shouting from touchline idea, it would be to tricky to implement interms of measuring the effect it would have.

most things shouted from good managers are instructions..you can keep on top of these in team instructions as the game evolves.

the shouting would only really effect morale and i think that is already to easily effected by the current team talks.

for me, i like your way of thinking with these kind of ideas..just dont think theyd be worthwhile implementing... just me though

When you scout a player you choose the player the scouts compares him with. Now he compares him with your strongest player in that position. But you dont want to replace your best one right? You want to replace the one who is 2nd or even 3rd best.

i like this idea though

Ive been thinking about this feature and why isnt this in the game? Ever seen a real football match? I mean the footy coach is always standing on the sideline shouting tactical improvements or mental boosts at players.

Are you telling me that when I'm yelling at the little men on my computer screen it isn't helping?

Considering how many that are upset about slow and laggy matchplay I think this would not be a good idea. As the match engine is built it would have to recalculate everytime you shouted something and that would probably not make a fluent enough gameplay.

And last but not least...implementing player agents in the game. Cause in real life clubs dont bid and then talk to the player. Clubs talk to the players agent about the availability of the player. I mean why bidding €50 mil for Cesc if he doesnt even want to come. Why not a option where you can contact his agent and ask for his interest? Maybe that way you can force a player to break with his current club so the transfer fee would be less. IE Rob Wielaert to Ajax last winter.

Because it would be classed as 'tapping up' and therefore not allowed?

I don't see why all tactical changes have to wait until the ball goes out of play, how many times have you changed to defensive in the last few minutes and by the time it takes effect, 5 mins later, the other time has scored. IRL the manager would just shout, drop back etc.

I think it would be better if it was like the old system where the tactics screen would come up and the game pause when you are able to make subs. This would stop the problem of someone getting injured, goal being scored between setting a sub and him coming on.

This function was on a other football manager game, (think it was a ea sports football manager one or somethin), where you could shout at players during the game and stuff.... I thought it was quite a cool function, would be good if they could include that..

And talkin to subs just as they come on would be a great little function in the game.. I remember the super sub paul peschisolido would always get put on in the last 10 mins and get told to put one in the back of the net and he usually did nick the winner for his team a few years back so i think it should be a good feature...

Not sure on the agents idea though, like KK2003 said, its illegal to do this...

good thread though pal...

I shout at my players even without an option in the game

It is necassary to complete the realistic feel of the game, which to me I think it makes it a complete game. I do like the idea, however I feel it maybe an option that I would avoid shall it be implemented in future game releases, just in case I over use it.

Archived