Problem With Match Day Slickness (Ratings)

One of the problems with 2009 (and don't get me wrong this game is still 10/10) is SIGames have lost the slickness on matchday.

Example - when you're watching the match in 2D or 3D when the actions stops for a second and the clock is ticking, in previous versions it would cut back to the player ratings and you could quickly glance at how your players were doing. I know you can see by watching the match too but this is a good quick glance at the ratings.

This has gone - WHY?

Was this a programming oversight?

Instead you just get your frozen players on a static pitch?

I cannot understand this.

And now, if you tell me to put widgets on, come on, any widget I put on means lose 15-20% of the visible pitch.

Anyone got a skin with transparent widgets???

As I say - lost its slickness.

Sometimes the screen changes for no reason, for example, match will start in TV mode when I watch in split screen.

Also sometimes it does swith back to the previous screen but then doesn't switch back to the action

Just a bit buggy

Don't watch it in TV View and when the action stops, it will be replaced by whatever screen you were using i.e. player ratings.

I hear ya man, but I love TV mode to give it the full screen mode.

OK I can make do with watching it in non TV mode to get the ratings to appear, but that's making do. So FM2009 for me will always have that element of making do.

Don't get me wrong I love this game thats why I feel OK having a pop at it cos despite these problems I still love the kid.

Don't watch it in TV View and when the action stops, it will be replaced by whatever screen you were using i.e. player ratings.

That is true until you make a tatical change, then it stays on whatever screen you are looking at (whether it be the pitch or the stats etc.) and does not automatically flip between the highlights and the other screen ........ well, that's what it does for me anyway!

In the second half i make my changes to combat the 4-2-4 etc and end up constantly flicking between screens/views.

Archived