Anyone win the Scottish league managing a non old firm side?

im with hibs at the moment and joint top after 27 games, joint with celtic who i just beat at Celtic Park. Its rather annoying cause i have beaten rangers 2-1 and drew 1-1 and beaten Celtic now 2-0 but dropped points to Inverness CT, Aberdeen and Thistle! Could easily be 6-9 points clear! Im in 2012 and had a takeover that gave me a 5mil per year to spend.

im dundee united and missed out on the league by 1 point in season 1. also came second season 2 and this year hoping to topple Celtic - who are annoyingly good might i add!!!

who are you playing with? i should hope to win it in the next 2-3 seasons with united, assuming my finances keep increasing with CL/UEFA money etc.

no but i once took cowdenbeath to 3rd in the scottish leagues on fm08, then lost my 3 star players in the summer 2 to rangers 1 to newcastle, via the chairman over my head so i resigned..not that the AI cared :) but they soon freefalled back into div 2 .... leaving me revengfully satisfied

its a good challenge in scotland.

if anyone manages the feat you are asking in 5 years without cheating, thats a very good achievment

First season with Aberdeen, i came second and was in with a shout of the title up to the last 3 games. Fluked my way into the champion's league groups the next season by packing the defence and playing for penalties, pocketed the cash and went on a spending spree. Bought a heap of youngsters who are due to come good in season 5, so i'll be disappointed if the league is not mine by the end of that year. We've started promisingly though.

Managed to win the league 3 seasons in with Hearts. First season was a clearing out job (much like what needs to happen irl), with a couple of key signings like Stancu, Borysiuk & Chris Burke on a free. Second season was building on the first, bringing through youth and a few more signings (Fleck, Kadlec).

Seem to be in with a shout of retaning it too, currently 2 points clear of 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd after 14 games. Champo league wasn't a write off either - got pummelled by Bayern Munich but made UEFA cup!

Didn't find it as difficult as with previous versions to break them, but reckon the only way to do it is to retain your best players, get a couple of cracking signings and pray for some good kids coming through.

'mon the Jambos

I'm at the start of the 5th season with Killie. Came 2nd the last 2 seasons. Hoping to challenge for the title again this year. Last season was so tight until Celtic won there 5 games after the split and won the league....again. First few seasons I didnt spend any money on players and just brought in free regens. First season won the Scottish Cup and came 6th, Second season came 4th and got to the quarters of the UEFA cup only to get knocked out 8-6 on aggregate by PSG. 3rd season challenge for the title and came 2nd, also got beat in the league cup final by Motherwell. In the 4th season had an awful start but had a great second half to the season to catch up on Hearts and Rangers, I finished 2nd by beating Hearts on the last day of the season, they finished 3rd with Rangers 4th. Won the Scottish Cup as well by beating Hibs, and finally I also was beaten 3-1 after extra time in the UEFA Cup Final by bloddy Rangers. Theres a European final that'll never happen in real life lol

Managed to win the league 3 seasons in with Hearts. First season was a clearing out job (much like what needs to happen irl), with a couple of key signings like Stancu, Borysiuk & Chris Burke on a free. Second season was building on the first, bringing through youth and a few more signings (Fleck, Kadlec).

Seem to be in with a shout of retaning it too, currently 2 points clear of 2nd and 6 points clear of 3rd after 14 games. Champo league wasn't a write off either - got pummelled by Bayern Munich but made UEFA cup!

Didn't find it as difficult as with previous versions to break them, but reckon the only way to do it is to retain your best players, get a couple of cracking signings and pray for some good kids coming through.

'mon the Jambos

What, you mean get rid of all those brilliant Lithuanians?:)

What, you mean get rid of all those brilliant Lithuanians?:)

Aye, binned every one bar Zally for one season. Actually did take Chesny for a season too, but only cos he can play both left & right wing.

Failed to mention before that I got an 17 yr old Explosive Centre Back from Kaunus for next to nothing after the first years regens - love it!! He's now the only Lithuaniun in the squad.

Also loving the fact I cant expand my stadium as the council wont give planning permission...who says this game doesn't reflect real life!

JB

• 4 months later...

Archived