new patch?

Shouldnt have told him, should have let him just do a search.

Well maybe, but I find it pointless just ordering people to search without giving him the answer he was looking for. Just my opinion.

He's already made the thread, not much we can do about it now. Being helpful does no harm :)

Well maybe, but I find it pointless just ordering people to search without giving him the answer he was looking for. Just my opinion.

He's already made the thread, not much we can do about it now. Being helpful does no harm :)

Could just waste more of his time :) by telling him to search like he should of done in the first place. Deserved I think.

Exactly, there's always going to be people who won't search before posting a thread. Most will learn, but will be replaced by new users who don't search.

My advice would be to just get used to the patch threads, they're here to stay no matter what.

I think there should be an automated message that comes up whenever someone tries to start a new thread that contains the words "patch" or "update".

Something like this:

"Are you sure you have searched for what you're looking for?"

I think there should be an automated message that comes up whenever someone tries to start a new thread that contains the words "patch" or "update".

Something like this:

Or just say:

'There is no news on the newest patch! Not answered your question? Click here to continue.

Something like this:

That would be a good idea. I've seen it on some other forums before, would be great here. Wonder if this is possible with our forum software?

Archived