Leeds United

With leeds i am on course to win the league easily in the first season. After 8 games and 5 points ahead of everybody else. In the first season the transfer budget is only 100k, does this improve alot when i am promoted? I have 6mil in the back atm and will surely have atleast double that by the end of the year.

A lot can change in 38 games, mate, don't get ahead of yourself. Yes, the budget does get slightly higher to about 250k iirc. But the wage budget is massive and if you adjust the budgets that'll give you a bit more. And also sales, you're looking at about 800k-1m

Ok so maybe i am ahead of myself, but i have a strong squad and am still in all the cup competitions. Beat birmingham in the cup, so must have something good going here

Not really, Shrewsbury beat Everton in the FA cup a couple of years ago IRL, yet they didnt get promoted. Its a cup for a reason, one off match!

Im in my 4th season with Leeds and challenging for the premiership! Still got Sheehan at lb Delph at cm with casper, howson, johnson, beckford, snodgrass, huntington, lubo still all in my squad! So unlike real life my players get better with each game they play....

But since yesterday i cant get my game to launch :( All i get is a message box saying 'SI Activator has stopped working....'

Seems like a common problem since yesterday but im yet to find a solution!

OnOnOn

Leeds are a fun club to manage, although the expectations are massive.

First season I managed (just) to win the League One title, second season I was given (unrealistic) expectations for a mid table finish and went and blew it by getting promoted through the play-offs. Finally in the Premier League, the club realised the magnitude of the task and charged me with trying valiant to stave off relegation but the successive promotions had cost us, luck in the second season - I can only attribute it to that, meant we were very thin on genuine quality and I jumped before I was pushed twelve games in to the season with eight points on the board.

How does delph turn out? I have bought him for QPR and have now been promoted to prem. hes only 19 so dont want to throw him in yet. Just wondering how he gets as he ages? In my other saves he hasnt achieved all that much and has usually stayed at leeds. Could his lack of improvement be due to poor training facilities/lack of exp in games?

if you think you are going to win the league after only 8 games dream on!! your only 5 points ahead of the rest? you could draw your next two games and the next thing you know your a point behind another team! form comes and goes and there will be periods that season where you havnt been playing well for a few games. Complacency is the destroyer of all football teams. Think about that.

if you think you are going to win the league after only 8 games dream on!! your only 5 points ahead of the rest? you could draw your next two games and the next thing you know your a point behind another team! form comes and goes and there will be periods that season where you havnt been playing well for a few games. Complacency is the destroyer of all football teams. Think about that.

Agree that 100%. Somehow for my teams mid-season about december-january is quite difficult always. After a good start for season usually comes few draws or so and maybe losing your best striker because of injury for a month. Suddenly you found yourself in midtable.

How does delph turn out? I have bought him for QPR and have now been promoted to prem. hes only 19 so dont want to throw him in yet. Just wondering how he gets as he ages? In my other saves he hasnt achieved all that much and has usually stayed at leeds. Could his lack of improvement be due to poor training facilities/lack of exp in games?

Hes doing a good job for me in the middle of the park.... Im persisting with him to try and make him a regular for the england squad but no call up yet! Howson is a cracking sub for me either at cm or rm. Just in feb and he has 12 goals from the bench!

Archived