In-Game Sons

just wondering if anyone who has played the game for a long time(years in game) if they have had their son come through their academy or a different academy? what year were you in? how old was your manager? do you have to be a certain reputation?

I've got an uncommon surname and the only personnel in the game with it, is, obviously me.

The problem with that is, a fair percentage of new youth players have the manager as favoured personnel regardless.

I had two Davies players but does that make them brothers? No, because it's a massively common surname

If anyone knows, do you have be a certain age in the game as a manager as a rule of thumb to have a son :/

I would imagine that you would ned to stay at the same club for at least 16 years for this to take place but I dont know. Im 11 years at the same club at the moment so I will let you know later this month if I dont distracted by my other save :cool:

In my game Theo Walcott had a son aged 18 and 16 years later they played on the same side in a Carling Cup game, no lies!

More than likely his brother, unless, you know, Walcott's loose and friendly.;)

I dont know when it happens but as for how I beleive the younger player has you listed on his favoured personel as soon as he comes into the under 18's and thats how you know who it is.

Yeah, this is how it happens.

I had a kid come through once called "Ivor Aja" (might have been Ian, or Alan - something like that).

Great stuff; poor kid :D

I would imagine that you would ned to stay at the same club for at least 16 years for this to take place but I dont know. Im 11 years at the same club at the moment so I will let you know later this month if I dont distracted by my other save :cool:

I think it is random and very rare and the time you spend at one club is not important. :) If you, for example, manage Milan and go to Barcelona, you can get a son at the end of the first season with Barcelona, but his birthplace will be Milan.

No defiantly his son, Theo was a gray haired 34 year old retrained to be a center midfielder, his son was a fresh faced wing back with lightning pace just like his old man

grey haired 34 year old? 34 isnt that old mate! he's not exactly waiting for god is he lol

Hey Hey Hey, less of this OLD 34 thing. I don`t have grey hair yet and im still playing football and running rings around these youngsters :)

These young whipasnappers don't really know how good they've got it back in my day I had to run FM from my tape drive, dammit! Used to take 3 years to get through a season but boy it was worth it yessiry remember signing Bryan Robson for 1.4 million for my Canon League English First Division side that was a lot of money in those days...;)

No defiantly his son, Theo was a gray haired 34 year old retrained to be a center midfielder, his son was a fresh faced wing back with lightning pace just like his old man

So he was 16 when his son was born? That sounds like BS to me, or at the very least a regen co-insidence...

Back on topic, I think this is a bit of a silly feature to have your "son" come through the ranks. Great for regens but I don't agree with human managers getting sons.

I had heard that it was possible to have your son come through your own youth academy at some point in the game. A nice touch indeed but couldn't believe the detail that led to my own son.

Joseph was promoted from the Arsenal Youth Academy at the end of my first season. What I found strange was that he was born in Thornton Heath, where I was myself was born IRL. I wanted to know whether this was because I put Crystal Palace as my Favoured Club (The Local team)? or just sheer coincidence?

Downsides to this is that he is ugly as sin and not very good, although to be fair most manager's son's aren't great IRL. Oh and I managed to become a dad at 12!

Although novel, still a nice little gem in the game SI!

you managed to become a dad at 12?

the minimum age on the game is 29 for a manager, i think its silly, why have the option to be born in 1991 if the game just changes to make you older!!

though i suppose its unralistic to have a 17 yo former internayional footballer managing liverpool.

If you can get your own son in the game then i suppose you dont get to name him? if that was the case you should have a feature to do with your private life, family and whatnot, and you can choose to have kids and then wait 15/16 years for him to enrol in a youth academy

I'm sure I'm 27 on the game. Even at 29 having a son at 14 is still a bit young.

It's more the regional information that I was interested in as I know that one other in the promoted group was from South Norwood which is where Selhurst Park is situated, but my best graduate is a goalkeeper from Barnsley. Maybe coinsidence but a very good one at that.

you managed to become a dad at 12?

the minimum age on the game is 29 for a manager, i think its silly, why have the option to be born in 1991 if the game just changes to make you older!!

though i suppose its unralistic to have a 17 yo former internayional footballer managing liverpool.

If you can get your own son in the game then i suppose you dont get to name him? if that was the case you should have a feature to do with your private life, family and whatnot, and you can choose to have kids and then wait 15/16 years for him to enrol in a youth academy

Of course you don't get to name the son! There's nothing special about it, he simply has your name and you in his favourred personel.

The minimum age isn't 29, it's 20 iirc, and if you are younger than 20 it defaults to 25. I may be wrong and it simply defaults to 25 if you are younger.

but then,

do you think that your sons PA would be based on what past experience the player has chosen?

because technically the better footballer you are, the better chance your son has of being something special

unless of course you married a member of the arsenal womans team...then it really just doesnt matter how good you are :p

though i say itd b much easier for SI to treat them as just another regen...

we shall see the genetics side soon, paul inces son is at liverpool under18s. anthony gerrard, the cousin of stevie g is at league 1 wallsall, Sir alexs son is/was manager of peterborough (not sure if he still is, last time i checked it wasnt goin well for him)

well i wont have an in game son because i hardly make it to the second season. started up a game last night, two weeks in, stuff it, turned it off and came back on this forum. If only SI could make the game as addictive as these forums, i guess there would be noone on the forum complaining about the game and heavily engrossed in the game. A new feature = addictiveness

EDIT: actually it was a feature on the last few games, so its a feature i would like to see in the next game

We in QA have decided that it is possible to 'complete' FM via having a newgen son in the game

As manager of a club you have to have your son come through the youth ranks.

You have to have a new stadium named after you at the club you are managing.

Become manager of the national team of your son.

Qualify for the World Cup.

The World Cup final has to be held at the stadium named after you.

Your son has to score the winning goal in the final

what about any potential gay managers. do they adopt sons? ps.. im not gay

lol if sexual preference was on the manager profile the game would be a little detailed to far lol

but i would put gay if it meant i could adopt a baby instead of waiting for your wife to pop out your own son.

Btw, your son scoring the winner in the final? surely extremely difficult and a liitle specific, completing the game relies on the footballing ability of your son! good look on LLM!

We in QA have decided that it is possible to 'complete' FM via having a newgen son in the game

Is this already possible or is that whats coming in 2010?

Lol shall I create a challenge with these as the specifications for it in CSE?

we shall see the genetics side soon, paul inces son is at liverpool under18s. anthony gerrard, the cousin of stevie g is at league 1 wallsall, Sir alexs son is/was manager of peterborough (not sure if he still is, last time i checked it wasnt goin well for him)

Anthony Gerrard is rubbish.

Darren is still at Peterborough.

You omit Nigel Clough! And the Ferdinands, the Higuains, the Charltons/Miltons, the Webbs, the Nevilles (their sister Tracy used to play netball for England!), Kaka and Digao, the Kalous, the Hunts, even the Terrys.

Young Aguero-Maradonna could be a great player- though then again, if his mind isn't in it, he's got no chance.

Archived