Wage Control

I took over at Gauthiod at the start of the season and was given a wage budget of £65p/w and was only using up £50p/w of that so I thought fine, I'll survive of amatuer players. But no, turns out the coach that was in before me has offered the mojirty of the first team squad between £70 and £150p/w so I'm left with the board angry with my aparent mis-management.

Surely this needs looked at for the future

It is annoying, you shouldn't be penalised for this error in the wage budget from a previous managers error. It's going to be a battle further renewing contracts for players who would entertain a page cut.

Maybe you can ask the board to adjust the wage budget accordingly to resolve this issue if need be especially if your in the need of signing a player and this is hindering you. Alternitively I dread saying this as I won't do it unless I have to is sell a player :(

However if you have a good run the board may, 'may' ignore this issue.

Well they've getting annoyed with my persistant requests regarding a larger wage budget so I can't see that working, I am however on a good run and I'm well in with a shout at winning the league (I'm in 5th place, but only 1 point behind 1st) despite me being predicted to finish bottom.

Hopefully it will sort itself out :)

Contract negotiations should cancel if a manager is sacked and a new one takes over, it might be worth logging in the bugs forum otherwise.

Are you sure your assistant manager isn't set to handle contract renewals?

Hmm strange then because my Ass Man is defiantely not set to do that

Well they've getting annoyed with my persistant requests regarding a larger wage budget so I can't see that working, I am however on a good run and I'm well in with a shout at winning the league (I'm in 5th place, but only 1 point behind 1st) despite me being predicted to finish bottom.

Hopefully it will sort itself out :)

You should be alright then, as if you finish in or around that position in the league you shall be ok with the board they will omiss the wage budget concerns they probably still harp on about it as they do but you've acheived better than anticipated.

I shouldn't be to much of a concern, then you can renew contracts not re-sigining players that have no future in your eyes, to reduce the wage bill.

Archived